• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ruark

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2015
    Holy crap, I can't believe LaPierre did this. He makes himself and the NRA look like complete idiots, and this video is spreading EVERYWHERE. Jeez, has this guy ever even fired a gun before? This is unbelievable. Thank you, Wayne, thank you very much! You idiot.

Guns International

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    People should not shoot elephants. Sorry I just dont think they should and this guy is a jackass. This is why I dont give money to the NRA
    Plenty of elephants need to be shot for one reason or another.
    It is better to let a Westerner pay 40k to do this and have the elephant selected by the Game Warden, Preserve Biologist, veterinarian than have poachers do it at random or the GW shooting an elephant that needs to go at zero $$$ to the reserve.

And WLP has no business doing $100k safaris at all

TEXAS "All or nothing"

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2021
    Texas
    It is better to let a Westerner pay 40k to do this and have the elephant selected by the Game Warden, Preserve Biologist, veterinarian than have poachers do it at random or the GW shooting an elephant that needs to go at zero $$$ to the reserve.

Deer have been selected the same way for the same reasons, but come on 4 shots give me a break! He should've left it to his wife, since she has the pants in the family!

Double Naught Spy

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    North Texas
    Let's see...
    Can't tell if they got the elephant.
    Not familiar with the operation of his rifle (bumbles loading).
    Puts his finger on the trigger when not shooting (multiple times)
    Doesn't understand directions or can't follow directions.
    Can't place a shot a close range.

I would feel very uncomfortable hunting with him.

Ruark

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2015
    Now I'm wondering, what kind of background did this guy have, to end up being president of the NRA? Was he a famous shooter of some kind, or what? From watching this video, like I said, it looks like he's never even fired a gun before. He struggles mightily to operate that bolt action. Here, Wayne...... lift the handle, pull it back.......

Now, more than ever, the NRA needs to let him go. This video came out in "New Yorker," of all places, and is going hugely viral. He wore out his welcome a long time ago, and this is the icing on the cake. He's a public laughingstock, and we don't need to go down with him.

Last edited:

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin

Reminds me of the retards in northern NJ who got the black bear season shut down because they couldnt deal with the thought of someone hunting them. The bear numbers swelled so much that they were pouring into neighborhoods and chasing people out of their backyards

One pissed off bull elephant can trample a bunch of africans as well as be an ornery bastard that will kill other elephants for no good reason. Happens with giraffes too. Westerners are by and large giant pussies today who watch too many disney movies and think you are walking into the fort worth zoo and shooting Dumbo. Its simply untrue. 40K will sustain an african village for a long time. Not to mention how they get nearly all the meat from the harvest

Darkpriest667

Actually Attends
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2017
    Jarrell TX, United States

No dude, you don't get to compare Deer to Elephants. Deer are dumb. Elephants are damn near, if not, sentient creatures. They have burial rights, multiple levels of communication including long range communication, self-awareness, tool-usage, art, advanced problem solving and organized societies that are so complex that sociologists are still studying them. They are probably more intelligent than 80% of the general public.

If an elephant needs to be put down you do it the same way you do a dog. Humanely and with dignity.

**** this guy. This clip may have set us back farther than any damn mass shooting ever has when it comes to gun rights because now it even makes hunters look like asshole morons.

Darkpriest667

Actually Attends
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2017
    Jarrell TX, United States
    Reminds me of the retards in northern NJ who got the black bear season shut down because they couldnt deal with the thought of someone hunting them. The bear numbers swelled so much that they were pouring into neighborhoods and chasing people out of their backyards

One pissed off bull elephant can trample a bunch of africans as well as be an ornery bastard that will kill other elephants for no good reason. Happens with giraffes too. Westerners are by and large giant pussies today who watch too many disney movies and think you are walking into the fort worth zoo and shooting Dumbo. Its simply untrue. 40K will sustain an african village for a long time. Not to mention how they get nearly all the meat from the harvest

This wasn't a pissed off bull dude. I understand killing a violent elephant just like killing a violent murderer. This wasn't it and stop trying to even compare it. The elephant they shot was docile and not a threat to anyone.

TX oddball

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2021
    DFW
    Ahh, a New Yorker Magazine video. From an incident over 8 years ago. Being spread all over cyberspace now.

I am not a fan of WLP, would like to see him replaced for a variety of reasons (one of them is that he is NOT a firearms enthusiast), but the left is in full bore attack on gun rights and I'm sure the timing of this clip is no accident.

cygunner

Devil's Den - Gettysburg
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2021
    Cypress, TX
    No dude, you don't get to compare Deer to Elephants. Deer are dumb. Elephants are damn near, if not, sentient creatures. They have burial rights, multiple levels of communication including long range communication, self-awareness, tool-usage, art, advanced problem solving and organized societies that are so complex that sociologists are still studying them. They are probably more intelligent than 80% of the general public.

If an elephant needs to be put down you do it the same way you do a dog. Humanely and with dignity.

**** this guy. This clip may have set us back farther than any damn mass shooting ever has when it comes to gun rights because now it even makes hunters look like asshole morons.
    IMHO (and feel free to pile on if you wish) some hunters, especially deer hunters that I have observed in several states, including east Texas, ARE asshole morons, shooting road signs, bottles they leave broken for horse or man to step on and are doing a good job of ruining hunting, and gun ownership for all.

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    This wasn't a pissed off bull dude. I understand killing a violent elephant just like killing a violent murderer. This wasn't it and stop trying to even compare it. The elephant they shot was docile and not a threat to anyone.
    It doesnt matter if you are emotionally attached to the type of animal. Its legal to hunt and helps humans feed and support themselves. Like Hoji said would they rather have 40k for someone to hunt an elephant? Or would they rather have elephants to stare at while they starve to death or their village gets trampled.

Animals need to be managed and money spent on hunting goes to conservation as well.

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    People should not shoot elephants. Sorry I just dont think they should and this guy is a jackass. This is why I dont give money to the NRA
    Why should they not? The money the hunts bring in support the other elephants and anti-poaching and many hunts are culls to keep the oldest and least healthy from taking resources away from the younger up and comers that are able to breed.

Sent from your mom's house using Tapatalk

Last edited:
    Top Bottom