• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dimonback

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2011
    Austin
    Holy crap, I can't believe LaPierre did this. He makes himself and the NRA look like complete idiots, and this video is spreading EVERYWHERE. Jeez, has this guy ever even fired a gun before? This is unbelievable. Thank you, Wayne, thank you very much! You idiot.

I quit sending money to them many years ago. It was hilarious to buy a 5 year membership and one year later, receive a bill for another year.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    I thought the whole process was crap.
    I've read of worse.

One of the magazines published under the Precision Reloading imprimatur (They tried at least two other titles that didn't last.) had a feature article written by a guide and "expert" somewhere in the western U.S. He clearly stated that the goal of the stalk was to put a bullet in the animal. It didn't matter where. Just make it bleed and find the blood trail later. He advocated doing this at any distance, taking any shot.

It was jaw-droppingly unethical according to everything I've ever read. Yet he dismissed all that ethics crap with a hand wave, talking about how if you got a tag, you had to make it count by any means necessary.

"I've heard of worse" doesn't make this case any better but I'm just saying, I've heard of worse.

I've also seen worse. Anybody remember that big cat hunt in, iirc, Louisiana some years ago where the cat was released from a cage literally 10 yards from the hunter? The cat was scared out of its mind and just scrambling for a place to hide. The hunter failed to make a good shot multiple times. It was a total trainwreck.

And, yeah, I understand that "I've seen worse" doesn't make this case any better, either.

cygunner

Devil's Den - Gettysburg
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2021
    Cypress, TX
    I've read of worse.

One of the magazines published under the Precision Reloading imprimatur (They tried at least two other titles that didn't last.) had a feature article written by a guide and "expert" somewhere in the western U.S. He clearly stated that the goal of the stalk was to put a bullet in the animal. It didn't matter where. Just make it bleed and find the blood trail later. He advocated doing this at any distance, taking any shot.

It was jaw-droppingly unethical according to everything I've ever read. Yet he dismissed all that ethics crap with a hand wave, talking about how if you got a tag, you had to make it count by any means necessary.

"I've heard of worse" doesn't make this case any better but I'm just saying, I've heard of worse.

I've also seen worse. Anybody remember that big cat hunt in, iirc, Louisiana some years ago where the cat was released from a cage literally 10 yards from the hunter? The cat was scared out of its mind and just scrambling for a place to hide. The hunter failed to make a good shot multiple times. It was a total trainwreck.

And, yeah, I understand that "I've seen worse" doesn't make this case any better, either.
    Have you seen Secondhand Lion with Robert Duvall et al?

Top Bottom