Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Duct tape, Dawn dish soap, and WD 40, life nessaties
    Along with vinegar, bleach, water, hydrogen peroxide, kosher salt, and baking soda. With some combination of those ingredients, you can clean anything from floors to windows to teeth to sidewalks to everything else in and around the home.

Dingo

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 27, 2021
    DFW
    Saw this a while back, thought it was funny as sh**

Attachments

• IMG_0818.jpeg
      IMG_0818.jpeg
      119.4 KB · Views: 49

billtool

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    The Wooldlands
    And over time - gunk. I knew an old fella that WD-40’d the hell out of a Winchester 30-30. Apparently he never cleaned the rifle as far as I could tell. Just sprayed the hell out of WD40 everywhere. Had to use gas and BrakeKleen to unfreeze the action.

Nicholst55

Retired, Twice.
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2021
    Houston Area
    over time wd40 will become gummy and sticky!
    I once purchased an old 6" M10 Smith and Wesson that had belonged to a policeman. He used WD-40 on it religiously. I had to disassemble the gun and clean the lockwork and interior of the frame with cleaning solvent in order to remove the varnish deposited there by decades of WD-40 usage. The gun actually worked right after that, and a lubrication with an actual lubricant!

Last edited:

karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    WD40 will clean the stainless steel surface on those stainless steel appliances like nothing else will ...

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    One of my old tennis players uses it on his knees - :)

My daughter's riding instructor uses it on her 40 or so horses, I forget what for though. By most accounts it is not recommended, but I have yet to see any ill effects from her using it on them. I will say, it's not an everyday thing when it is used.

I stand upright when I use WD40.

tinman-wizard-of-oz.gif

robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    My daughter's riding instructor uses it on her 40 or so horses, I forget what for though. By most accounts it is not recommended, but I have yet to see any ill effects from her using it on them. I will say, it's not an everyday thing when it is used.

If she's using DMSO on them, virtually any light oil will get it through the skin faster.

Gordo

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2023
    San Antonio
    About 40+ years ago I had a friend who would spray his entire car with WD-40 after washing. I questioned this but it made the paint shine and didn't seem to cause any paint issues. Granted it attracted dust within a day.
    Thought I was the only one to spray a car down with that s#it.
    When I met my wife, she was driving a '64 Buick Special, and the paint was chalking pretty severely.
    Tried waxing it, a lot of work, that didn't last long.
    One day I said screw it, sprayed it down with WD-40, wiped it down, and it looked as good as a wax job, and was 10 times easier.

Geezer

Mostly Peaceful
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 23, 2019
    Silsbee, Texas
    Lakes Marion and Moultrie in South Carolina are two huge lakes connected by a canal. It is a very popular fishing area. Catfish and stripers were what most people went for. I had a friend that had a friend that was a fishing guide on the lakes.

Occasionally, the guide would call his friend and say he had a couple of days off so bring a couple of friends and come on down. I was lucky enough to get invited several times.

One time we were out and not catching anything. The guide took a can of WD-40 out and sprayed the cut bait and threw them out. We immediately started catching catfish. I asked the guide about the WD-40.

He said he took two guys out to fish and they sprayed their bait with WD-40 and they caught fish all day long. Ever since then, he kept a couple of cans on the boat. He said it worked every time.

Top Bottom