Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.

billtool

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    The Wooldlands
    I won a crawfish eating contest in El Dorado Arkansas about 15 years ago. Competition was a local DJ whose station was sponsoring the festival, a 3rd tier pro wrassler, and some giant chick. I embarrassed those folks. Time was I’d go head to head with the hardcore coonasses seeing who could finish 10 lbs first. I didn’t eat a single mud bug this season. Gonna have to fix that next year with a few of these guys I hope.

Coiled

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 25, 2016
    SETX
    Look at ole Moonpie, making me what smarter than I already were.

Resacas.Resacas are former channels of the Rio Grande found in the southern half of Cameron County. There are two explanations for the origin of the word "resaca." The less likely holds that it is a contraction of Spanish rio seco ("dry river"). The other is that the word stems from the Spanish resacar ("to retake"), since the primary geological function of a resaca seems to be diversion and dissipation of floodwater from the river. Resacas are naturally cut off from the river, having no inlet or outlet.

More here.

PDiddy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 3, 2022
    South of I10
    I just saw a long line of jacked up trucks on 69 south with Louisiana license plates and Ragin Cajun stickers… They will eradicate the problem in no time.:cool:

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Look at ole Moonpie, making me what smarter than I already were.

Resacas.Resacas are former channels of the Rio Grande found in the southern half of Cameron County. There are two explanations for the origin of the word "resaca." The less likely holds that it is a contraction of Spanish rio seco ("dry river"). The other is that the word stems from the Spanish resacar ("to retake"), since the primary geological function of a resaca seems to be diversion and dissipation of floodwater from the river. Resacas are naturally cut off from the river, having no inlet or outlet.

More here.
    I've heard the word many times, but never knew how it was spelled until now :laughing:

Top Bottom