• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Governors20

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 11, 2012
    Austin
    I stopped by Randalls on the way home from work for the first time this year. I read they were 30.07 like every other grocery store in Austin. Come to find out they are not posted, and after confirming with the store Manager, they will follow state law on open carry. Early voting was taking place in the store, and they had signs posted forbidding firearms right at the entrance to the early voting desk. The store Manager stated the corporate offices dont want to take sides on the issue so following state law and allowing OC should be a state wide policy.

Good Bye HEB!
    Capitol Armory ad

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Now THAT is good news. I would suggest that every member here send HEB a polite email asking them to reconsider their position, and that there is a direct competitor that you can spend your money at. Cross post this experience on the 800 pound gorilla in the home town forum, and maybe in general discussion.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    How would this affect HEB's policy if half a million emails and phone calls came in suggesting you will spend your familie's grocery dollars a block down the road?

Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    As far as I know, we've got two choices in this town. HEB and Walmart. One doesn't allow OC and the other does if you show your CC badge.

Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    I know. But we are actually about 10 miles West of Georgetown, so it's about 23 miles one way to either. My Blue Bell will melt.

Savage20

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2015
    135 Los Gatos Rd
    As far as I know, we've got two choices in this town. HEB and Walmart. One doesn't allow OC and the other does if you show your CC badge.

I believe the whole "ask for license" thing was an e-rumor. No statement has ever been released by Wal-Mart, and actual Wal-Mart managers have even said that no such policy exists.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    I stopped by Randalls on the way home from work for the first time this year. I read they were 30.07 like every other grocery store in Austin. Come to find out they are not posted, and after confirming with the store Manager, they will follow state law on open carry. Early voting was taking place in the store, and they had signs posted forbidding firearms right at the entrance to the early voting desk. The store Manager stated the corporate offices dont want to take sides on the issue so following state law and allowing OC should be a state wide policy.

Good Bye HEB!
    Which one was that? I noticed awhile back that the Randalls in Round Rock never posted a 30.07, but I haven't tried to OC there yet.

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    S20 and I are finally in agreement.

My local Walmart has no show me your LTC/CHL policy if you care to OC.

You can do so without hassle.

Top Bottom