Patriot Mobile

We need another Meet & Greet in Austin Area.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rodbender

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2008
    Elgin, Texas
    I did an interview with a reporter this morning about open carry legislation coming up in the next session. She has never fired a gun in her life. I invited her to the range and she accepted. I told her that I would try to have as many people there as possible. I would like to have it at Lonestar again. She would like to do it before the legislature meets on Jan. 13. She will be bringing her photogrpher husband. What do you guys think?
    Hurley's Gold

Code3GT

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 12, 2008
    Austin
    I'll be off weekends starting half way through Dec. but can make arrangements for a weekday meet. All I need is a date and time, and will be there. Let's make a positive impact folks!!

I was impressed to see media attention, but I didnt think it was very positive in the sense that they essentially stated "Um, some group called opencarry.org is wanting the legislature to consider allowing the open carrying of handguns in Texas, and now they'll get their chance". It didnt mention the pros, only interviewed what appeared to be typical urban Austinites in downtown...so you get the "well I think that'd be a bad idea, who would need a gun?? I wouldnt want to see it, it might go off!" type response.

rodbender

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2008
    Elgin, Texas
    A weekday will be fine with me as long as we can get enough people together. Let's give it a shot.

I'll call Matt and see what day would be best.

djspump2003

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 19, 2008
    Austin
    Just say "No comment, and if you click that shutter I'll put that camera where the sun don't shine";)

I guess we should be on our best behavior if we are supposed to be making a good name for ourselves on camera.

Where do ya'll normally shoot?

I'm stuck at Red's mainly due to how close it is to where I live. (South Austin) I've looked into Lone Star, but it is about 45 min from me.

AusTex

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    Austin, Texas
    I got two calls from keye & and Kvue to answer questions about why guns are flying off the shelves .. " this only happened b/c I have friends at both stations that know I am into firearms! Not b/c I am a gun authority"

anyway I turned both of them down.. Not to be a negative Nancy but yeah we need to be on our best behavior appropriately dressed, etc... We don't want them to spin it... Which is why I turned down both interviews I don't trust that they will use what I have to say in a positive manner.

I am in Austin and ready to go shoot...

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    I'll do my best to be there. I will be off from Dec. 24th to Jan. 4th, so I'll be available anytime during that period.

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    I thought it was related since it is in the Austin Area and also since the original Poster said:
    "I did an interview with a reporter this morning about open carry legislation coming up in the next session."
    For all we know it could be the same Reporter. If I should have created a seperate Thread next time I'll know.

The thread is about a Meet & Greet.

phatcyclist

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Austin, TX
    I'd be up for this. I'm not sure if dressing up would be necessary, us all wearing TGT shirts would be nice free advertising for the site.

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    I'll be available any time. As long as I can know when at least a couple weeks in advance, I'll just take the day off if I have to.

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    rodbender, that sounds like a great opportunity. I won't be in town yet, but I hope this Meet & Greet gets together and follows through. Sounds like a very good opportunity to educate AND importantly, to go shoot

Yall make us proud

Furyataurus

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    Helotes,TX
    IMO, the 5th or 6th, that way she'll have enough time to write the article and get the photo's ready in time.

Rodbender do you know her "deadline"???

rodbender

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2008
    Elgin, Texas
    I'd like to set it up for the 5th. Anyone have any preferences? I want as many as possible to be able to come. She says it needs to be 5th, 6th, or 7th.

I would like to have some female shooters as well. It will probably make her a little more comfortable.

Top Bottom