We need another Meet & Greet in Austin Area.

Discussion in 'Other Areas' started by rodbender, Dec 2, 2008.

1. rodbender

rodbender Active Member

Jul 25, 2008
    Elgin, Texas
    I did an interview with a reporter this morning about open carry legislation coming up in the next session. She has never fired a gun in her life. I invited her to the range and she accepted. I told her that I would try to have as many people there as possible. I would like to have it at Lonestar again. She would like to do it before the legislature meets on Jan. 13. She will be bringing her photogrpher husband. What do you guys think?

2. Texas1911

Texas1911 TGT Addict

May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    Just need to know when, and under what context is it.

I much prefer it being during the week so I can actually go.

3. Code3GT

Code3GT Active Member

Jun 12, 2008
    Austin
    I'll be off weekends starting half way through Dec. but can make arrangements for a weekday meet. All I need is a date and time, and will be there. Let's make a positive impact folks!!

I was impressed to see media attention, but I didnt think it was very positive in the sense that they essentially stated "Um, some group called opencarry.org is wanting the legislature to consider allowing the open carrying of handguns in Texas, and now they'll get their chance". It didnt mention the pros, only interviewed what appeared to be typical urban Austinites in downtown...so you get the "well I think that'd be a bad idea, who would need a gun?? I wouldnt want to see it, it might go off!" type response.

4. djspump2003

djspump2003 Active Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Austin
    I'll go if it is after Dec. 15th.

I am glad they make guns that don't go off when you don't touch them anymore.

5. dane421

dane421 Member

Sep 8, 2008
    DFW
    not really into the whole photo thing and I'm not looking to be interviewed by some media lady, but I am always down to shoot

6. rodbender

rodbender Active Member

Jul 25, 2008
    Elgin, Texas
    Just say "No comment, and if you click that shutter I'll put that camera where the sun don't shine":rofl:;)

7. rodbender

rodbender Active Member

Jul 25, 2008
    Elgin, Texas
    A weekday will be fine with me as long as we can get enough people together. Let's give it a shot.

I'll call Matt and see what day would be best.

8. djspump2003

djspump2003 Active Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Austin
    I guess we should be on our best behavior if we are supposed to be making a good name for ourselves on camera.

Where do ya'll normally shoot?

I'm stuck at Red's mainly due to how close it is to where I live. (South Austin) I've looked into Lone Star, but it is about 45 min from me.

9. AusTex

AusTex Active Member

Nov 16, 2008
    Austin, Texas
    I got two calls from keye & and Kvue to answer questions about why guns are flying off the shelves .. " this only happened b/c I have friends at both stations that know I am into firearms! Not b/c I am a gun authority"

anyway I turned both of them down.. Not to be a negative Nancy but yeah we need to be on our best behavior appropriately dressed, etc... We don't want them to spin it... Which is why I turned down both interviews I don't trust that they will use what I have to say in a positive manner.

I am in Austin and ready to go shoot...

10. SIG_Fiend

SIG_Fiend Administrator TGT Supporter Admin

Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    I'll do my best to be there. I will be off from Dec. 24th to Jan. 4th, so I'll be available anytime during that period.