• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    Maybe if you put a Spanish speaking section you would get more. Its always fun going into major stores and being greeted, "Hola! ¿Como estas?"

Not sure how he intended this...but he lives in Bexar County so he would know...
    but it did come across as somewhat condescending....

Blue Dog

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2008
    Not sure how he intended this...but he lives in Bexar County so he would know...
    but it did come across as somewhat condescending....
    Yes he did. But I got over it. I just felt that I needed to say something. I'm surprise nobody said anything before. I guess I'm the only one(Hispanic) that got my feathers ruffle.

blazer

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2008
    San Antonio
    Hi y'all. I'm in SA. I also shoot at the Bullet hole on a regular basis. Did my CHL there. Just sent my packet in and counting the days since 11/12. Lately, the Bullet hole has been so crowded that it's hard to get in unless it's during the week.

ST5MF

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 27, 2008
    The best way to attract San Antonians is with Beer, Food, and Music...

Guns... Shooting... Not so much.

stockFD3S

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    Leon Valley, TX
    stockFD3S,Why is it always fun? I don't see nothing funny. Granted we live in the United States and We are Americans,why do you choose to make fun of a foreign language? Would you still make fun if they said Bonjour ! Comment allez-vous ?

Yes I would because the specific language does not matter. English wasn't my first language nor was I born here. My family that immigrated here learned to speak it (some with Icelandic or Italian accents) as they wanted to become Americans. None of us expected anyone here to accommodate us nor did we expect to turn the US into our countries of origin. We came to this country as it is one of the only ones like it where you can become something from nothing. I respect those who make an effort to learn the language and want to be Americans as I am now.

Icelandic/Italian at birth, proud American now.

</soapbox>

pvtsnowball82

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Outside San Antonio
    Personally, I think San Antonio is underrepresented on this forum because, despite it's location deep in the heart of Texas, San Antonio is actually a very liberal-minded city in general. For example, the larger percentage of votes in Bexar county during the last presidential election went to you-know-who. A sad state of affairs, really.

BlackRifleTexas

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2009
    Texas---Where else??
    You are correct pvtsnowball82

I live within Bexar County aka San Antonio... and would agree. Not too many of us here, conservative minded that is. Will be moving my family to Kendall County permanently.

blazer

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2008
    San Antonio
    When I go to the Bullethole in SA, it is usually overcrowded with gun enthusiasts. especially on the weekends. I meet lots of conservatives in San Antonio, but that is usually at WORK. Don't know what the LIBS all do for a living, but I usually see those folks at the grocery store. so... there is hope.

Unfortunately, I'm moving to Houston. To find the conservative base in SA, you will find them at the Rodeo, gun shows, church, and at WORK.

I heard on the news in Houston that there is a proposal to "number every bullet" making ammo too expensive to buy. Ob*ma is SCARY.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Yes I would because the specific language does not matter. English wasn't my first language nor was I born here.
    Icelandic/Italian at birth, proud American now.

hehehe......thought ah recognized the name. Ya'll be nice now, or ah'll have a certain young feller ah know that has a coupla red rice burners (one that runs, one that doesn't) an' a purty li'l wife give ya a hard time!

<G>

/me wonders how long it'll take him ta figger out who ah am....

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Oh - yeah, I'm a "metro" type too, I guess - live in New Braunfels. Grew up in Leon Valley - it used to be a real nice town, but they've let some strange folks in there now...;) Live in New Braunfels now - San Antonio is a neat city, but as others noted, VERY liberal - and I just couldn't stand it any more.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Wow. San Antonio really isn't that liberal. Then again, I've only been here for two weeks...

There aren't tons of European cars. Quite a few, yeah (and I work on 'em), but they don't make up a majority of cars on the road.

I've seen a few O stickers on cars, but nowhere near as many as McCain stickers.

Folks have gun bumper stickers on their cars. Lots of Browning Buckmarks, and I saw a truck with a "Got Sig?" sticker on it.

You want unbearably left? Try San Francisco... SA isn't bad.

Rhino

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2009
    DFW Area
    SA here as well. Been here over 20 years. Don't think we're overrun yet, but there does seem to be a trend of lots of folks who are from out of state here now - and a lot of them seem to bring their out of state ideas as well (not all, though!).

Rhino

Top Bottom