DK Firearms

We the people WILL allow this type of crap to get worse.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JColumbus

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2012
    https://bearingarms.com/cam-e/2020/03/13/criminal-charges-dismissed-roosevelt-twyne/

Criminal Charges Dismissed Against NJ Gun Owner Roosevelt Twyne
    Posted at 12:20 pm on March 13, 2020 by Cam Edwards

Great news out of New Jersey, where attorney Evan Nappen has announced that all criminal charges against his client Roosevelt Twyne have been dismissed.

Twyne had been charged with unlawful possession of hollow point ammunition (Hornady Critical Duty) and unlawful transport of his handgun while driving home from work.

This was welcomed news for Mr. Twyne who has been suspended from his Armored Car Security Guard job since his arrest. Mr Twyne expressed his extreme gratitude in thanking all those who have supported and donated to his case, making his fight for justice possible.

This is fantastic news, and I suspect a big reason that the charges were dropped was because of the media attention brought to the case by Nappen. I’m pleased that Bearing Arms’ Cam & Co. was first to interview Nappen about his client, and helped get the word out about the injustice that Twyne was facing. As we reported at the time, Twyne was (and is) a legal gun owner and possessor of a license to carry in New Jersey who was facing multiple felonies for having his legally owned firearm and company-issued ammunition.

None of that mattered when Twyne was stopped by police in Roselle Park, New Jersey back on February 8th just a block from his home, allegedly for having illegal window tint on his vehicle. When Twyne informed the officers that he was a concealed carry holder and did, in fact, have his firearm on him, police searched him and ultimately arrested him on two felony charges; possession of hollow-point ammunition and illegal transportation of a firearm.

Senior Associate Louis Nappen, Esq., added, “We now fight to get Mr. Twyne’s firearm returned, licenses protected, and reputation restored. This includes fighting the tinted windows motor vehicle offense, which is known to be used as a pretext excuse for motor vehicle stops.”

Evan Nappen, Esq., stated, “His case has focused national attention of the injustice of New Jersey firearm laws. This highlights the need to reform New Jersey gun laws to stop turning honest citizens into criminals.”

As Louis Nappen notes, now that Twyne’ no longer facing criminal charges, he should be able to return to work as an armored car guard, but first he’s going to need to have his gun returned to him. Hopefully the police in Roselle Park, New Jersey respond quickly and appropriately in returning Twyne’s legally owned handgun to him so he can start to put his life back in order.

There also needs to be a serious reckoning in Roselle Park over what happened. The mayor of Roselle Park said just a few days ago on Facebook that he stands fully behind the actions of the officers who arrested Twyne, though I wonder if he’ll back off now that the charges have been dismissed.

Screen Shot 2020-03-21 at 4.34.16 AM.png

Mayor Signorello claimed that Twyne’s arrest was “appropriate”, and stated that Twyne’s carrying of his firearm was “inconsistent” with the laws of New Jersey.

“Mr. Roosevelt Twyne was arrested on February 8, 2020 for carrying a firearm in a manner inconsistent with the laws of the State of New Jersey following a lawful motor vehicle stop in the Borough of Roselle Park. Although Mr. Twyne held a SORA (Security Officer Registration Act) Card for his profession; the laws of this state are clear that while driving with such a weapon, it must be stowed away separate from his person and remain unloaded. Neither of which were the case in this incident.

Plain and simple, Mr. Roosevelt did not follow the law. Our Police Department acted appropriately to keep our community safe. The second amendment simply allows for “a well-regulated Militia”. I support the well-thought out and mindful gun laws in the State of New Jersey, and if you are going to own a firearm in my Borough then you must follow those laws.”

Roosevelt Twyne did follow the law. It’s pathetic that the mayor of Roselle Park sought to convict Twyne before prosecutors had even decided what to do with the case, but it’s a demonstration of just how hostile some politicians in New Jersey are towards the right to keep and bear arms. Signorello claims the Second Amendment simply allows for a “well-regulated militia.” I would encourage him to go and read the Heller decision, because he’s spouting off nonsense by ignoring the fact that the courts have determined what we all know is true; the right to keep and bear arms is a right of the People. The arrest of Roosevelt Twyne was an injustice. Thankfully it won’t be compounded with a prosecution. Congratulations to Roosevelt Twyne, Evan Nappen, Louis Nappen, and all those who helped to achieve this outcome.

Videos on the matter:

Target Sports

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-03-21 at 4.34.16 AM.png
      Screen Shot 2020-03-21 at 4.34.16 AM.png
      67.1 KB · Views: 345

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    Sue and take them to the cleaners, that is the only thing that might stop this from happening again.
    Even if you bring a lawsuit against a city and they end up paying, well they never pay, the money comes from the taxpayers

busykngt

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney
    But it does take money out of “their” budget for the year. And most police departments and/or city governments are reluctant to have to explain to the citizens {voters} why they are spending money in lawsuit payouts as opposed to using their budgets to actually operate their departments.

JColumbus

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2012
    Unless there is new info here, because I haven't gone through it all, there is already a thread on this.

I looked but didn't see it. Lock it up if the fact that charges were dropped was already covered. That’s the only thing I can think of that may be new. My bad...

Maverick44

Youngest old man on TGT.
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Unfortunately, at least before the WuFlu, I go to Chicago almost every year for continuing education. I wish Chicago & Springfield could be separated from normal Illinois.

If California could be split into a North and South, if New York could split with NYC, and if Illinois could do as you suggested, the US would be in a much better state and millions wouldn't be living under the tyranny of liberalism.

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    If California could be split into a North and South, if New York could split with NYC, and if Illinois could do as you suggested, the US would be in a much better state and millions wouldn't be living under the tyranny of liberalism.

With the exception of a few cities, Costal CA and inland CA are two very different places...applies to both North and South

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Top Bottom