• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Deadhead

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 30, 2010
    Spring Branch, TX
    We're fairly new to the area , and I have finally started listening to my dear wife. (long story - let's just say sometime in the past two years I have radically shifted my views on government and society......) Anyway, would like to find some training resources for weapons use in home and personal defense-(pistol/carbine/shotgun). Been 35 years, and need to learn/relearn all over again. All suggestions welcome.....

Thanks
    DK Firearms

Furyataurus

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    Helotes,TX
    There will be a carbine shoot tomorrow at the cedar ridge range in san antonio TX with the Texas Tactical group.

Set-up is at 0800

Shooting starts at 1000-1030 depending on how many new shooters show up for the new shooters meeting.

Match fee is $20

Spectators watch for free but need ear/eye pro.

Minimum round count for rifle is 100 with a minimum 20 rounds for handgun for transition stages.

You can shoot only handgun if you wish but will need 120 rounds minimum.

Don't forget extra magazines for both handgun and rifle.

I will be there, ask for Rudy. :)

jsimmons

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    San Antonio
    I attended and while I probably placed close to last, I had a ball. This is a great way to become more familiar with both your pistol and your rifle, as well as to discover how reliable both firearms really are. I had a sling issue on stage 3, and my red dot came loose (at the mount, which was completely my fault for not tightening it enough) during stage 4. Other than that, my stuff was completely reliable. It also caused me to re-evaluate the tangible need for a floated barrel. I ordered a mid-length 16-inch barrel, and was seriously considering floating it, which would will cost about $270. On the other hand, a simple mid-length hand guard (when/if Magpul ever releases theirs) and end cap would cost about $45.

Decisions, decisions...

Ranger60

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Taylor
    I know Kevin Gentry, shot with him several times in San Antonio and can attest to his knowledge and ability. A good guy!

Top Bottom