Join TexasGunTalk

Weber's Range in Waco/Temple is a great place!

Discussion in 'Texas Gun Ranges' started by emanon, Jan 14, 2020.

1. emanon

emanon New Member

Jan 6, 2020
    Texas
    I visited Weber's Range today for the first time. https://www.webersguns.com/shooting-range-pricing/shooting-range-1859

The staff was super friendly and super helpful. I am a beginner. Therefore, I am very appreciative of them being helpful. They answered my questions patiently with a smile. They explained how things work at the range. I am now considering buying a membership. I had a ton a fun shooting and I have to brag that I am getting better!

If you are in the Waco/Temple plan a visit to Weber's.

2. Dawico

Dawico Uncoiled Lifetime Member

Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    Their Temple store is (was?) a nice place too. Not sure if it's still there though. I always figured they'd move it to the range.

3. avvidclif

avvidclif Sturgis '95, RFTW 2010

Aug 30, 2017
    Van Zandt County
    Some of the gun range prices are crazy. By the Hour $15, month $25. I guess that's OK for a beginner who needs help. I'm not knocking it as we all were beginners once.

4. emanon

emanon New Member

Jan 6, 2020
    Texas
    The guy at the cash register did mention the Temple store. He said they had more of a selection of firearms for sale compared to the range location. So apparently the Temple store is still there and the range is a separate location.

Dawico likes this.
  5. emanon

emanon New Member

Jan 6, 2020
    Texas
    I have found out first hand that around here there aren't a lot of choices. So, now that I found a great place, I decided to share this information with everyone. For example, I first drove to the range in Axtell, TX. Their website said they were open. However, when I got there no one was there. I heard great things about Axtell range but they were apparently closed. There is another place in Valley Mills, TX. Although that is near Waco area, it's kinda far from my house. So, I was thrilled to find Weber's and tickled that there were so friendly and willing to help a newbie.

6. oldag

oldag TGT Addict

Feb 19, 2015
    Hicksville, just east of Gatesville.

Good to hear Weber's has improved. Wasn't worth a darn the last time I was there (which has been a few years now).

7. Coiled

Coiled TGT Addict

Nov 25, 2016
    SE Tx
    emanon, glad you had a good experience and nothing against Weber's specifically, just a general comment:

EVERYONE that works at a gun store / range is an expert . . . until you discover they aren't. Take everything they say with a grain of salt and keep an open mind to new information. Good luck on your journey.

jordanmills likes this.
  8. Hoji

Hoji Bowling-Pin Commando

May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Axtell is kind of strange. The BBQ restaurant is where you go and pay. If no one is in there, pull up to the house and honk, or call their listed number.
    Romanian( I think) guy owns it and he is a pretty nice guy. Little odd, but as long as your rounds impact the berm, you are good to go. The 600 yard set up nice to have there as well.

seeker_two and Dad_Roman like this.
  9. Dawico

Dawico Uncoiled Lifetime Member

Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    In that area you aren't going to find a better deal than Temple Gun Club. $100 a year and pretty much unlimited access.

They do host competitions too.

No steel but still a great range.

equin, Davetex and Dad_Roman like this.
  10. Davetex

Davetex TGT Addict TGT Supporter

Mar 27, 2010
    Pflugerville
    I 2nd Temple Gun Club.

Dawico likes this.