• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • juwaba98

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    North Zulch, TX
    Went down to the local funshop Friday after work with a trade in hand with every intention of coming out with a new Kimber Custom II. Well, indeed I did and here she is with the Sarge's Grips I bought from a fellow member:

guns044.jpg

Then I stopped back in the next morning with the intentions of picking up a vertical foregrip and some 30 rounders for the mini-14 and maybe even a new sight. Well that didn't happen. I ended up walking out with this:

guns048.jpg

It's a 1984 manufacture Ruger Mark II Target with a polished stainless frame with a deep blue upper. I wish my pictures were better. I just happened to be in the store when a fellow came in looking to sell it on consignment with the shop and managed to save him a consignment fee.

All in all a pretty good weekend I must say.
    Lynx Defense

navyguy

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    DFW Keller
    Very nice. I looked for quite a while for a Mark II, as for some reason I'm not found of the Mark III. And I'm a fan of the packerized finish. The Kimber really looks good with those grips. Enjoy!

juwaba98

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    North Zulch, TX
    I think I've decided it was the mag release that I don't like on the Mark III and the 22/45. I'm not sure, but I've been hunting a Mark II for a while myself, and was quite excited to come across this one. I was having a hard time maintaining a poker face as I pretty much wanted to blurt out that I wanted the gun no matter the price. This thing is easily 98% or better. Like I said I just wish my mediocre camera skills did it justice. I've got to get rid of those pachys though. I hate those grips.

juwaba98

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    North Zulch, TX
    Man some guys have all the luck.
    Nice looking looking pistols.

Thanks, after a bit of a dry spell of not finding anything that interested me, I was glad to have a little luck come my way. I mean I even sold a SIG in the dry spell and couldn't find anything I had to have to replace it.

TxEMTP69

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2009
    Rockport
    Very nice indeed.

I have not yet shot a Kimber and I'm kinda afraid to as it will cost a pretty penny if I like it...

Okierifleman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Houston
    I love my Custom II, just put a set of the prettiest quilted maple grips on it that I have ever seen. Probably 5K through it now and never misses a beat. It is the most accurate of my Kimbers too. \m/

brickboy240

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    Houston, TX, USA
    Nice guns!

I love my Kimber TLE and also have a 5.5 inch bull barreled 22-45 Ruger that has been stellar for 10 years.

You'll love those pistols...both are very good buys, if you ask me. My Kimber TLE has been very reliable and accurate.

- brickboy240

juwaba98

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    North Zulch, TX
    I finally shot them both yesterday, The MKII is simply freakin' amazin' with an awesome trigger and way more accurate than I. The Kimber shot extremely well also but I was a little off. Tight grouping, just not where I wanted it. I think it may be due to the inexperience with the sights. I think we'll be able to overcome it together with a little more quality time.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom