• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Last year I worked in Massachusetts for six months. The weather pretty much sucked( cold and rainy) so I did not do my daily 5 + mile walks, no weights and quit doing crunches. Did not help that my hotel was literally next door to a Cracker Barrel and that lobster at the grocery store was less than $10 a pound. Shelled and cooked.
    In that six months I went from 215lbs to 254 when I got home just before Christmas.
    4BE5BBE9-5ABE-4630-A311-3651F17255DB.jpeg
    Starting 1/1/20 I went back on my “no carbs, no sugar, no fried foods” diet regimen, and started exercising again. I was able to do a whopping 100 crunches and some light weights, and a couple of miles walking.
    I am now( as of this morning) back up to 1,000 crunches( before second cup of coffee) hour a day with various weights, stick work exercises, and now , bicycling.
    225 lbs
    6DDE81BC-2983-4738-A3B5-3EB44B466A2E.jpeg
    It is a whole fuckofa lot easier to gain it than it is to take it off, and a whole fuckton easier to maintain it when it is off.
    Lesson learned;
    If I am working remotely again, get the miles in even if the weather sucks. I will buy appropriate weather clothes and a throw away set of kettle bells. Never again.
    215 by first day of summer is the goal.
    Target Sports

Attachments

• 4BE5BBE9-5ABE-4630-A311-3651F17255DB.jpeg
      4BE5BBE9-5ABE-4630-A311-3651F17255DB.jpeg
      574.7 KB · Views: 731
    • 6DDE81BC-2983-4738-A3B5-3EB44B466A2E.jpeg
      6DDE81BC-2983-4738-A3B5-3EB44B466A2E.jpeg
      1.2 MB · Views: 715

Dredens

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2014
    Sealy
    Congrats on the weight loss and your fitness routine. It's always good to see people taking their health into their own hands and getting back into shape.

Whistler

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 28, 2014
    Northeast Texas
    "You're a better man than I am, Gunga Din!"

Dr changed my meds and started putting on lbs but my lazy ass hasn't fought it. Need to knuckle down, its tough, great job!

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    This go around seems a little tougher than when I lost 135 lbs in a year, but it really is not. When you have an extra 135 on you, you will burn a bunch of it off crazy quick.
    Looking at my note books the last six months of that weight loss is very similar to this shedding of 35 lbs

EZ-E

King Turd of Shit Mountain
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2017
    Middle of no where
    Congrats my brutha... thats a heck of a weight drop in a year.
    Keep up the good eating habits, thats where you will notice the difference.
    The wife did a big diet a few years ago... she didnt work out just watched what she ate & she was able to drop 35lbs in 3 months.

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    Congrats on the work and results, it definitely ain't easy. And it doesn't get any easier as time goes by. Maintaining the lifestyle is where it is at. I think your prep for next go round w the appropriate weather clothes and some kettle bells will do you a ton of good. When I'm on the road that kind of workout dumbbells/body weight is my primary workout style. I can get lean like that. Sprinkle in plyo and some hop calisthenics and you've got a great plan.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Nice work. I miss bike riding, really should get myself back into it.
    I tried stationary bikes but they are so boring I just could not make myself stay on. I am really enjoying riding again.
    I will probably not do any serious road riding( paved bike paths and VERY easy dirt trails) because when I was last riding a road bike , texting was not a thing.

gdr_11

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2014
    I remember your weight loss photos from last year and it is good to hear the followup. We all know that losing weight is only half the battle; keeping it off is the biggest struggle. during the time period you described I went from 200 to 225 and had to kick myself in gear to start off again because 200 was still 25 lb short of my original goal.

Thanks for posting your success in getting back on track!

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    Figured we didn't need a new thread, so Im adding to this thread. I am down to 235, which is 45 lbs lighter than my heaviest.

I've attained it by making lifestyle changes which should allow me to maintain it, and even continue to drop more weight. I could be happy around 225 or 230 with the weight moved to different places. Dropped sodas, beer (though now that I have dropped liquor I am having a beer on occasion), and rarely eat fast food. My portions are about half of what I used to eat, which works out nice on the leftover front. (I love to eat leftovers) Also riding my bike most days, and I put dumb bells on my reloading bench, which is also in my work from home office. I use them every day, several times a day and I am getting much stronger. The weights are 15 lbs and under due to back issues and just general weakness from sitting in a chair 50+ hours a week. This week I started doing crunches, situps and push ups. I have not done those in the past due to some back issues I have, but I feel I am at a good place to start. I have been powering through the pain because I know once I am stronger in my core it won't be an issue.

My shirts are fitting me different now. I bought a couple size large t-shirts, but that ain't happening. Even down 35 lbs, I still have to wear an XL. I am planning to go buy new jeans soon, as mine will literally fall off of me without a belt. If anybody needs size 42x32 jeans, PM me. Mostly Cinch green and gold label. Once I get new ones I am setting these free.

Kudos to @Hoji and @cycleguy2300 for posting in the cyling after 25 years thread, as it encourages me and holds me accountable. Often I ride when I don't want to because you guys post in that thread.

Last edited:

Ozzman

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 17, 2015
    El Paso, Texas
    I too started my second journey this year.
    I did Paleo in 2016 and it worked for a year, but then it stopped, so I stopped (bad move).

After putting on some COVID lbs last year, I'm down 61 lbs since January 1st.

I owe my success to OMAD (dinner) eating, running 3-5 miles per day with 8 mile Saturdays, and 5x5 upper body resistance training.
    Mixed the food plan with KETO, and have been continually shedding the extra pounds. I am tracking everything, and the stats show that I am averaging 0.73 lbs per day.

It's not for everyone, but it works for me.
    40 lbs away from my ultimate goal.

The wifey is impressed though.

karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    Went from 272 to 189 between 4/2019 to 8/2020.
    192 this morning, can wear 34 jeans; prefer 36 for IWB room; L for under shirts, or XL for the extra room.

Have no trouble keeping it off with basically a ketovore diet, and 2 meal a day intermittent fasting.
    Don't even think about it anymore.

Not for everyone, works for me.

gdr_11

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2014
    I have been doing the low carb and IF thing now for the past 6 months and am down 50 lbs from 225 to 175. My doc says to level off at 170 but I am planning on another two months before I incorporate more fruits and light carbs into my diet and I would like to be at 165 by then.

At age 72, without a lot of physical exercise, losing weight has not been as easy as it was 20 years ago, but now I seem to have more patience and fortitude to stick with it. I largely ignore the scale and just do my thing day after day in the knowledge that the inches or pounds will come off when they want to.

I did <25 grams of carbs for the first 3 months and then dropped to <20 grams of carbs since then. In 6 months I have probably had 5 days when I hit or went over the carb macro and maybe 30 days when I finished the day with 10 grams or less. The big help for me was when I started doing 18/ IF which really helped my eating habits. On occasion I will do 2-3 days of 20/4 or just one meal a day and that always breaks a plateau and gives me a 3-4 lb drop.

This thread is encouraging

Top Bottom