• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • birddog

bullshit meter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    nunya
    I’ve cooked a pizza using a crust made out of cauliflower. It may be the ticket to satisfying your bread cravings.

2 cups of grated cauliflower (dried somewhat on a cookie sheet in the oven)
    1 cup of Parmesan
    1 egg

Mix in a bowl, then spread out thin on a cookie sheet like a pizza crust. Bake at 350 until lightly browned.

It makes for a really good pizza. If you spread it really thin before you bake it, it may suffice as a tortilla, though I haven’t tried it.
    Guns International

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Try drinking a glass of water when you feel hungry. Then go do something.

I realized I was not actually hungry but bored.
    Filled the stomach with water and did something to take my mind off of it. It worked pretty good.

I'm sure I drink 10 or more 16oz bottles of water daily .

birddog

bullshit meter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    nunya
    Sooo....... how exactly does a person ignore the sensation to piss?

No offense, but I’m starting to think scientists would have a field day with your ass if you were on the dissection table. :)

ZX9RCAM

TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Well, I start cutting the water intake around 7 or 8.
    I also take prescription sleep medication, so that helps as well.

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    If you need to snack on something to keep you from eating more, protein is what you want.
    Beef Jerky is good or protein shakes.

Protein is satiating. It keeps you full longer.
    Actually when you eat protein, your body releases a hormone that slows down digestion because it knows it is more complex and requires slower moving through the bowels for full absorption.
    Just the opposite happens when you eat someone like cantaloupe, a very simple carbohydrate.

I snack on beef jerky a lot. Nuts, trail mix, yogurt, even cottage cheese are great snacks that won't leave you hungry again in 15 minutes. Dairy has the fastest absorbing proteins, whey and casein.

birddog

bullshit meter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    nunya
    Talk about timing....

I’m starving my ass off. And a 5 gallon bucket of water hasn’t helped stave off the hunger, I’m just pissing like a race horse.

birddog

bullshit meter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    nunya
    3 poached eggs with a half cup of homemade coleslaw (cashew milk instead of milk). I’m surprisingly sated. For now.

fwiw, someone mentioned boiling eggs in the shell for 4 minutes or so to poach in another thread. It makes a really good poached egg.

Dinner is 2-can tuna salad (mayo, pickles, tuna in water) wrapped in romain leaves. Mayo has zero carbs, unfortunately, 100 calories per tablespoon. I’m gonna see what low-cal options are available.

karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    3 poached eggs with a half cup of homemade coleslaw (cashew milk instead of milk). I’m surprisingly sated. For now.

fwiw, someone mentioned boiling eggs in the shell for 4 minutes or so to poach in another thread. It makes a really good poached egg.

Dinner is 2-can tuna salad (mayo, pickles, tuna in water) wrapped in romain leaves. Mayo has zero carbs, unfortunately, 100 calories per tablespoon. I’m gonna see what low-cal options are available.

If you're wanting to try Keto, below might help dispel some notions about diet. The first one, Dr Boz, has an interesting take on how she got involved in Keto after seeing how MD Anderson in Houston uses a keto diet for patients going into chemotherapy, as well as NASA and in Navy Seal training. Dr Berry is a Board Certified Family Physician who is pretty no nonsense when it comes to practical dieting.

These are some of the better known Youtube channels.

Dr. Annette Bosworth, MD
    Dr. Ken D Berry, MD
    Thomas DeLauer
    Dr. Eric Berg, DC

FWIW ...

birddog

bullshit meter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    nunya
    I’m familiar with that diet. I received treatment at MD Anderson in Houston.

That pic of the cauliflower faux mashed potatoes you posted is right up my alley. Now that I’m thinking about it, I may have to change the menu for this evening.

Edit - Keto diet works wonders but going full keto is difficult and potentially life threatening when you’re diabetic.

Last edited:

ZX9RCAM

TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    I went from eating ANYTHING I wanted, to limiting carbs to 120/daily.
    Still quite a few carbs, but difficult enough to keep below, lol.
    No bread, fruit, or real dessert.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    My BIL was diabetic, but drank Dr Pepper like it his last day on earth. Also ate cake & other deserts. He would tell me to mind my own business when I said something about it.

Sure enough, after a big birthday party, she found him dead in the bathroom the morning after.

ZX9RCAM

TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Well, an actual diabetic on insulin can eat anything they want, just do more insulin.
    Of course, they need to stay on top of it, though.
    Obviously accidents can happen .

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    My BIL was diabetic, but drank Dr Pepper like it his last day on earth. Also ate cake & other deserts. He would tell me to mind my own business when I said something about it.

Sure enough, after a big birthday party, she found him dead in the bathroom the morning after.

I tell my doctor it's about quality of life not quantity. I just came from the doctor, as I need a form filled out For SSD. Prognosis poor BMI 46. Yeah that makes me morbidly obese. After stopping @ academy I really thought about hitting a Chinese buffet near by.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Anbu9
    Top Bottom