• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Quick update. 193. I have not weighed under 200lbs since early in high school. I thought of my weight got this low I would not feel or look healthy. Aside from some of the regular lunch folks ( that I have been eating lunch with for a while)not recognizing me at first glance, I think the sub 200# weight class will be alright( as long as I don't go any lower.

Since I am no longer spending six months a year( at least for now) eating nothing but lettuce and protein powder, I think it will be pretty easy to maintain this weight.

For a reminder: image.jpg 310(+) View attachment 39712 193.

It can be done without drugs, surgery, or fad diets. Just takes the will to do it.

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      51.2 KB · Views: 373

TXSWFAN

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 18, 2008
    Dallas
    Quick update. 193. I have not weighed under 200lbs since early in high school. I thought of my weight got this low I would not feel or look healthy. Aside from some of the regular lunch folks ( that I have been eating lunch with for a while)not recognizing me at first glance, I think the sub 200# weight class will be alright( as long as I don't go any lower.

Since I am no longer spending six months a year( at least for now) eating nothing but lettuce and protein powder, I think it will be pretty easy to maintain this weight.

For a reminder: View attachment 39710 310(+) View attachment 39712 193.

It can be done without drugs, surgery, or fad diets. Just takes the will to do it.

WOW!

That's what I'm striving for. 300lbs for me three months ago. Down to 275. 75 more to go. Doing the Keto diet. Thanks for the inspiration that it can be done.

Wildcat Diva

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2016
    Good job guys!

I've made it four days of drastically reducing my calories, eating three small meals and three snacks (Counting calories). I walked a bit despite some ankle issues for which I start physical therapy Tuesday. I think I may have lost one pound over these four days, which makes sense since I think I shaved almost 1000 calories off what I guess to be my normal daily intake. Now I just need to continue and stay motivated. It's been kind of a fun challenge making such a drastic eating change so far this week. I have really enjoyed what I did eat, it's just wow, small portions. Drinking lots of water does help with feeling full.

My husband has been doing the same on his own plan and exercising much more than me. I was kinda sad I had to stop walking with him with my ankle problems. I just couldn't keep up.

I would like to lose 17 pounds by the end of the year. I think I would feel better, be healthier and my clothes would fit better.

Last edited:

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    Two to three pounds a week is safe, sustainable weight loss. Often thirst is masked as hunger. Always drink at least half your body weight in ounces of water a day. You can do this!

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Two to three pounds a week is safe, sustainable weight loss. Often thirst is masked as hunger. Always drink at least half your body weight in ounces of water a day. You can do this!

Very true. I went with the worn out but very true statement "you are not hungry, you are bored. Drink a glass of water."

Works like a charm.

Coop45

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 9, 2012
    texas
    I'm old and retired, and three meals a day are too much. I got the two meal a day idea when my wife went on vacation for two weeks. I was hitting 280 and had no endurance when my doctor sent me to the gym. Since March I have become addicted to working out... it makes me feel a lot better. I'm stuck on 234 right now, but I'm getting stronger and my endurance has improved.

Wildcat Diva

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2016
    I would drown

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    TMI, this lady would be in the girls room every thirty minutes instead of ONCE an hour when I increase my water consumption. All the same, this needs to happen.

Txinvestigatir and hoji, thanks for encouragement.

Had a great five days and am ready for more. Bought a Nutrisysyem box at Wallyworld.
    I really really like the idea of eating small meals (very small compared to my normal portion), and eating frequent snacks.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    TMI, this lady would be in the girls room every thirty minutes instead of ONCE an hour when I increase my water consumption. All the same, this needs to happen.

Txinvestigatir and hoji, thanks for encouragement.

Had a great five days and am ready for more. Bought a Nutrisysyem box at Wallyworld.
    I really really like the idea of eating small meals (very small compared to my normal portion), and eating frequent snacks.

The ravenous , zombie like hunger will pass. Takes a little while, but it will. In a month or so you will find it very hard to eat big meals. My wife and I will typically split an entree at most restaurants these days as the portions are so large that if we eat the whole meal separately , we are stuffed like ticks and feel crappy.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    The ravenous , zombie like hunger will pass. Takes a little while, but it will. In a month or so you will find it very hard to eat big meals.

Running six miles every other day, and I have now added hiking on most (not all) off days. Anywhere from 3 to 6 mile hikes. I am going to have to up my intake during the day, as I am carb starving just before bedtime. I crave chips and Reese's.... lol

Wildcat Diva

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2016
    I guess you do have to eventually shift to what's needed nutrition wise to keep up with your individual situation...

It's good to know the intense hunger will pass. When it does, it can be an opportunity to focus on just what food choices make sense calorie-wise and also nutritionally and considering my body and lifestyle (because really focusing and thinking when starving seems impossible.) I've been very distracted by food videos this morning, but they are healthy recipes. Have only looked, not eaten anything yet. (Almost) Black coffee needs to happen. :)

Last edited:
    Top Bottom