• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    It is important to eat in the morning. Your body has been without food for hours and you need to feed it. Your metabolism and your blood glucose levels (and corresponding insulin) will thank you. ;)

TexasBrandon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 14, 2011
    Salado
    Down to 175 in the mornings. Few more months and I will be at 168 and be happy. Seemed like the weight has peeled off when I canned sugar. The most sugar I get from sources other than foods is the creamer for the coffee in the morning. A teaspoon of that and I'm good. Haven't had soda in a very long time, no more sweet tea, and desert is extremely limited.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Down to 175 in the mornings. Few more months and I will be at 168 and be happy. Seemed like the weight has peeled off when I canned sugar. The most sugar I get from sources other than foods is the creamer for the coffee in the morning. A teaspoon of that and I'm good. Haven't had soda in a very long time, no more sweet tea, and desert is extremely limited.
    Amazing how the weight drops when your body cycles out all of the carbs and refined sugar. Takes about 10-14 days for that to happen, and a lot of people( myself included) go through withdrawal. Anyone who says sugar is not a drug needs to quit it altogether for a week or so.

Congrats on getting that chimp off your back.

TexasBrandon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 14, 2011
    Salado
    Yep, no desire to eat anything bad. Withdrawal was bad but I'm good now. Pizza hut got the teas mixed up and I had my wife's sweet tea. I nearly threw up when I got a mouthful of that junk.

jfl3rd

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 1, 2016
    Easiest way to lose weight is to stay relatively active. I found that taking my dog for a 1/2-1 mile walk three times a day is enough exercise to at least stay at a base level of health. Most overweight people would find that doing this would easily shave off a pound a week in a healthy way.

TexasBrandon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 14, 2011
    Salado
    I used to work out almost every day and walk 2 miles, even on the rest days for muscle failure and still couldn't drop the weight. Fast forward a few years later, I have cut saturated fats, sugar, and walk as much as I can while doing upper body since it's all my back can handle and the weight is melting off.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    Easiest way to lose weight is to stay relatively active. I found that taking my dog for a 1/2-1 mile walk three times a day is enough exercise to at least stay at a base level of health. Most overweight people would find that doing this would easily shave off a pound a week in a healthy way.

A pound of fat is 3500 calories. A 250 pound male at 5'9" walking a 20 minute mile would burn about 480 calories a day. Almost a pound a week.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    A pound of fat is 3500 calories. A 250 pound male at 5'9" walking a 20 minute mile would burn about 480 calories a day. Almost a pound a week.

A pound of venison is 600 calories.( I know different conversation) think about that for a second. A pound of ground beef is almost double that.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Reason I brought it up, was because I remember hearing that one could not live on Rabbit meat, as it was so low in fat.

jfl3rd

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 1, 2016
    A pound of venison is 600 calories.( I know different conversation) think about that for a second. A pound of ground beef is almost double that.

I'm not a deer hunter but my pops is; I miss living near him as I always had a freezer full of ground venison. Best lean protein money can't buy.

Wildcat Diva

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2016
    Well, despite physical therapy on a weak ankle, I have managed to stay pretty active and lose ten pounds off the last several weeks. I have made changes in my eating habits. Calorie counting worked, but then I made a shift to more nutrient dense and less processed food and the loss stalled a bit. I think if I start calorie counting within my better food choices, I'll start losing again. Was very active today and want to continue to be, but so do need to watch my progress with this ankle and continue to build strength.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Chasewhat0
    Top Bottom