• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DwnRange

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2015
    hummm, I mostly bought "Optics" from 'em........ (if the price was right only). Mags were never their strong suit, price wise IMHO.

Chirpy

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 2, 2013
    Hutto, TX (kinda)
    Ahem, a little deeper into the comments @TTAG and it looks like they have never been able to sell more than 10 round mags to civilians. Much ado about nothing...

JColumbus

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2012
    Sucks, I was just about the purchase the Surefire Masterfire holster from them. Guess I'll have to pay a little more, somewhere else.

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    Ahem, a little deeper into the comments @TTAG and it looks like they have never been able to sell more than 10 round mags to civilians. Much ado about nothing...

I have used them for years and I dont ever remember seeing mags with more than 10 rounds listed on their site, although I only checked the basics: ar, ak and glock mags.

Never really thought anything of it as I can get magazines from other places

Byrd666

Flyin' 'round in circles........somewhere
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Hill County
    Bought a few pair of sunglasses from them over the years, never paid attention to much else.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Almost bought a scope from them once. Turned out to be out of stock after showing in stock at time of purchase. Got email notification that I could wait or cancel the order. Canceled the order and found the scope at another place.

Took Optics planet over a week to cancel the $1000+ hold on my bank account.

I also don't like how they list their savings. Anybody that says "save xxx%" and bases the saving off of MSRP and not the actual regular price is a bastard IMO.

Haven't used them since the issue with my bank account though. Would be less pissy about it if they hadn't shown it to be in stock and I had simply screwed up.

DwnRange

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2015
    If you ever find something with a good price there SWFA will beat it. And they are here in by-God Texas!

Plus the added 8.25% sales tax (for most counties in TX) and on a scope costing anywhere from $1000- 2400 bucks that's a chunk of change........

It's $49.50 on a $600 dollar scope.

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    Plus the added 8.25% sales tax (for most counties in TX) and on a scope costing anywhere from $1000- 2400 bucks that's a chunk of change........

It's $49.50 on a $600 dollar scope.

That is why I haven't bought anything from primary arms since I moved back to Texas. Sales tax sucks

DwnRange

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2015
    That is why I haven't bought anything from primary arms since I moved back to Texas. Sales tax sucks

I paid $181.50 taxes on the last scope, a Leupold MK6 1-6x with LT-104 mount pkg deal at LaRue the in Leander, TX........ (love both products but YIKES, as stated that's a chunk for showing support for a TX company).

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Yeah, we should get a state income tax instead...

I'll buy from SWFA. Damn good people there.

Top Bottom