Patriot Mobile

Welcome to the "I'll bet I've got the oldest _________" thread.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dragunov

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Burnet County TX
    These belong to my 15 year old Daughter who loves revolvers and old, functional firearms.

One is a S&W M&P, Around 1937, I believe, the other is an 1890's American Bulldog.:)

Both sidearms are in amazing condition considering their age. The quality of the S&W's craftsmanship is impeccable.

Miss "V" sure loves her guns. She has more of them than I do. On top of these, she has an SU16B and an AR. She found a Remy 700 w/scope in .30-06 she wants.:D

Nothing like your teenage daughter having a couple revolvers, a couple rifles, a personalized Bible and a purity ring! :)

Attachments

• 100_1567.jpg
      100_1567.jpg
      51.9 KB · Views: 85
    • S&W.JPG
      S&W.JPG
      11.1 KB · Views: 81
    Last edited:

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    I have a non-functioning derringer of sorts. It appears to be a percussion type black powder job. Can't find any markings on it, but the guy I bought it from told me he thought it was 1860ish. I'll try to find and take a pic. That way someone can tell me it was made in the 1960's. lol

I do have a really old book though. I love to collect old books, and have a book called, "the Work of the Holy Spirit in Conversion" by some guy named "Hinton" with a print date of 1834.

Last edited:

Sapper740

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    These belong to my 15 year old Daughter who loves revolvers and old, functional firearms.

One is a S&W M&P, Around 1937, I believe, the other is an 1890's American Bulldog.:)

Both sidearms are in amazing condition considering their age. The quality of the S&W's craftsmanship is impeccable.

Miss "V" sure loves her guns. She has more of them than I do. On top of these, she has an SU16B and an AR. She found a Remy 700 w/scope in .30-06 she wants.:D

Nothing like your teenage daughter having a couple revolvers, a couple rifles, a personalized Bible and a purity ring! :)
    You're a very lucky man Dragunov. I have three daughters myself who are all over the political spectrum: from staunch Conservative to screamin' Left-Wing Eco-terrorist nut job. Love them all though.

Sapper740

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Got a chance to take pictures of some more so figured I'd put them up here too.

View attachment 25242 View attachment 25245 Lebel model 1886 made in 1889. This one is a "bring back" from Afghanistan. I have the papers.
    Very historic rifle there Mike, are you planning on shooting it? I believe I've got a few Balle M rounds in my "Old Cartridge" collection and Balle D is still easy to find.

Vern1

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 27, 2011
    Pettytown, Texas US of A
    How about the first commercial gun to shoot a paintball?
    They were manufactured right around 1965...yeah, that was almost yesterday....
    They were used by the US Forestry Service to mark trees and by farmers to mark cattle.\
    Originally shot oil based paint encased in hollow "balls" of cast wax and the original mold was hardwood machined with a 5/8 ballend mill.
    It is the one on top, based on a Crosman 150/157 pellet gun of the same era and all blued steel!!
    Bolt action, variable power, 6 in the tube and 1 in the chamber for a total of 7 shots - powered by a 12 gram CO2 that's good for about 25 shots.
    These are both mine!
    70715001.jpg

Mikeinhistory

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 19, 2013
    Austin, TX
    Very historic rifle there Mike, are you planning on shooting it? I believe I've got a few Balle M rounds in my "Old Cartridge" collection and Balle D is still easy to find.

It's on the list of "things to do". Haha. It looks good in the pics, but needs serious cleaning. It's been in Afghanistan for who knows how long in who knows what condition. The bore looks okay, I've seen worse. I'm pretty sure she will shoot, when the day comes. There is some rust on it, and the bolt really does not want to move, but I am hoping all it really needs is cleaning. I've only had it for a month or so. Thus far I've really only checked it insofar as to see that it is not a straight up paperweight.

Top Bottom