welfare and the goverment

Discussion in 'Politics' started by sjones, Aug 15, 2009.

1. sjones

sjones Active Member

Mar 5, 2008
    carrollton,texas
    I may get flamed for this but I have to say it.Don't the people that are on welfare realize that the more they take,the more the goverment has them under their thumb.I've seen people going into the 3rd generation that are on welfare without ever giving anything back to this country,all they do is take.How long can this go on ? All I want from the goverment is to be left alone,stay out of my life. sj

2. ConnRadd

ConnRadd Active Member

Well, one way to look at it... If or when the gravy train has dried up, the ones who knows how to survive will make it. All the leeches that were taught to strip the system so they don't have to work, will free up more oxygen and reduce the "carbon footprint".

3. DCortez

DCortez TGT Addict

Jan 28, 2009
    Houston, Cy-Fair
    Free Man > Kept Man

I'd rather be poor than be anyone's bit@#.

4. M. Sage

M. Sage TGT Addict

Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    No fire from this sector. :p You're dead on with your observation.

TANSTAAFL = There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.

5. Jason

Jason Well-Known

Apr 20, 2008
    Austiin area
    You seem to be under the impression that they would care...

They DON'T, like the old saying... "Why buy the cow, when you can get the milk for free?"

6. sjones

sjones Active Member

Mar 5, 2008
    carrollton,texas
    I'm really getting discouraged about the way this country seems to be going downhill.Whatever happened to people knowing right from wrong and contributing to the good of this country?You can probably tell by my tone I am a conservative.I have written my congressmen and senators but it doesn't appear to be doing any good.I pray for this country every day,hoping people will wake up and see whats happening.

7. boycan

boycan Active Member

Mar 6, 2009
    North Dallas
    I still see stories every day about people still waiting for their house to be rebuilt after the hurricanes. They are entitled right ? :headscratch: :eek: :hammerhead:

8. BigShooter11x14

BigShooter11x14 Member

May 18, 2009
    S/W Tarrant County
    An older gentleman I worked with 30 years ago posed the question to me, “why would our government pay people on welfare more than minimum wage?” I have never forgotten that bit of wisdom!

9. Texas1911

Texas1911 TGT Addict

May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    Americans are spoiled, and a large majority of them just live their lives for themselves. They won't wake up until the house falls down on their heads. All you can do is play the game and watch out for your family and friends.

One person talking to their Congressman produces nothing. We need a majority of a constituent to put the fear into Congress, but they are too busy doing other things... mostly bitching and moaning about how things don't change.

10. Okierifleman

Okierifleman Active Member

Mar 14, 2009
    Houston
    This country is past the point of talking....JMHO.....Congress doesnt care what their constituents think, nor does BHO. The enabled have taken control of this country, courtesy of the enablers. It will take a revolution to undo what we have allowed this country to become. Again, JMHO