• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jakashh

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land
    Definitely not, now it'll be in an EV of some sort...stupidity knows no bounds, apparently.

Lol yep. Ive had too many close calls with those vehicles. Nissan Altimas and Chargers/Challengers being driven by complete assholes who have no regard for anyones safety.

I guess when your company will finance a car to anyone with a super high APR or an 84 month term, or both, the ignorant tend to drive your shitboxes.

Don’t get me wrong, I love what dodge does by shoving 700+ HP V8’s into anything it’ll fit in, but their cars are driven by a lot of assholes lol.
    ARJ Defense ad

Lonesome Dove

A man of vision but with no mission.
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 25, 2018
    Cut n Shoot, Texas
    Not interested in a daily driver but like it or not an electric car will smoke ICE car in a drag or light to light race. The douche mobile Tesla plaid is the fastest straight line street legal car. No getting around that, it is fact.
    There's nothing cool about it though. If speed was the reason to drive a car there would be very few.
    I'll keep my cruizer a bit longer.

Attachments

• 20220730_112042.jpg
      20220730_112042.jpg
      455.3 KB · Views: 44

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Based on my experience with the Pirelli wets I'd be open to trying a set of their street tires next time around.
    eh, don't bother... You might like the Trofeo R, but they aren't going to last as long as your PS Cup2s. I think the rest of their street tires are terrible for the price.

Darqhelmet

You had one job, one.
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 5, 2018
    Kaufman County
    There's nothing cool about it though. If speed was the reason to drive a car there would be very few.
    I'll keep my cruizer a bit longer.
    Love the mustang.

Teslas have about as much soul as a cell phone. But the writing is on the wall. Screw it, Let everyone commute in EV’s. Just saves gasoline for the enthusiast. I would happily drive an EV shit box back and forth to work to save my truck the wear and tear of the farm roads.

dsgrey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    Denton County
    Beyond my lifetime (less than 30 years) every new gas powered car, pickup or suv will be built as electric-only. Sorry folks but it's no longer a fad. GM and Pilot will begin install EVgo fast chargers at 500 Pilot stores next year that will take a low state battery to 80% in 20-30 minutes. The biggest hurdle has been charging times so get that down to 5-10 minutes over the next 10 years and you'll see consumers abandoning gas vehicles.

Lonesome Dove

A man of vision but with no mission.
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 25, 2018
    Cut n Shoot, Texas
    Beyond my lifetime (less than 30 years) every new gas powered car, pickup or suv will be built as electric-only. Sorry folks but it's no longer a fad. GM and Pilot will begin install EVgo fast chargers at 500 Pilot stores next year that will take a low state battery to 80% in 20-30 minutes. The biggest hurdle has been charging times so get that down to 5-10 minutes over the next 10 years and you'll see consumers abandoning gas vehicles.
    I've worked on electric forklifts, high reaches, dock trucks, pallet jacks and what all else. The so called quick chargers are pure junk and cost a bunch they last about one year and there is no rebuilding. Replacement is the only option. The battery technology isn't even close to being there. It all sounds good but it don't work yet. And the near future from what I've seen and learned is decades away. IMO

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    I've worked on electric forklifts, high reaches, dock trucks, pallet jacks and what all else. The so called quick chargers are pure junk and cost a bunch they last about one year and there is no rebuilding. Replacement is the only option. The battery technology isn't even close to being there. It all sounds good but it don't work yet. And the near future from what I've seen and learned is decades away. IMO

Yeah, battery tech is lagging vs the needs if EVs are to replace ICE any time soon. Hybrids will be a much more necessary transition. Still require batteries though on a hybrid system, unless you're using small combustion engines as power generators to drive electric motors, like a locomotive.

Fast charging also shortens the lifespan of batteries vs slow charging. Wait till those 250-300 mile range new battery cars *only* get 100-150 per charge. Or less.

robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    Not so sure about that. Battery technology and chemistry is a hotbed of activity. There's so much potential money in it that companies are investing a lot. I get engineering rags from all over the place and the improvements they're making are incremental, but I'd say they're substantial.

Grumps21

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2021
    Houston
    All signs point to yes, I need this!

1302780495-P7030610.jpg
    There’s a used car lot a couple of miles from me that has a General Lee charger for sale. Exact duplicate, down to the wheels but I don’t know what engine it has in it. They also have a Dodge Monaco exactly like Rosco‘s car complete with the old style light bar, and decals

Grumps21

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2021
    Houston
    We're nearing the max traction capabilities of the (street) tire again. We can make all the power we desire to make (ICE for sure, maybe elec), and we can even sell some really fast cars with the current set of federal vehicle limitations. The problem is going to, as it always does, ultimately fall to how much power you can convert into motion vs. tire smoke and how quickly you can do it.
    Yep. Without slicks, your scat pack probably doesn’t give up much to the hellcat in the 1/4 Mile

Top Bottom