• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Will be interesting to see if this comes back to bite the big three. Will their overall sales drop?

Could be a great market for gas powered used cars.

PDiddy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 3, 2022
    South of I10
    Yep. All the manufacturers are looking to suckle off Uncle Sam’s Inflation Reduction Act subsidy tit.

Fûck ‘em, I’m going to find an old Caddy with the 500ci V8 in it and turn that into my daily driver.

Me and a couple friends turned one into a tandem race car about 18 years ago. 1976 Coupe De Ville.... :flag::laughing:

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    Interesting thread.

Like many of you I don't get excited about EV's. As mention by beat the tuna on why, I agree they do nothing for me. EV's 0-60 are some mean machines but when you can download exhaust sounds...That makes me shake my head.
    I don't know what the market is going to do when I pass my little diesel truck off to my son. That's my plan.
    For a while I have been rethinking my opinion of Dodge trucks. Historically consumer reports are terrible and plentiful.

At this point I will never own another Ford truck. I would try a Ram over a Ford now. I'm witnessing people with Fords have unacceptable problems under 100K miles. My Colorado aint some amazing machine but it's been solid compared to issues I see other truck owners deal with. I have a service plan I follow and my goal is to see how many miles that 2.8 diesel can take without a major shop visit.

By the time I'm done with the Colorado maybe I won't be able to get a new Ram gas. I'm sure by then if it's a diesel a new rig will have an insane asking. At that point I'd just get a restored classic.

Army 1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Dallas Texas or so
    I used to have a 68 Caddy Hearse. Duel AC units. You don't want that body getting hot! Actually it was a combo hearse ambulance. It was 20 years old when I bought it. Great road car and could haul a complete photo studio.

ETA: when you buy a used hearse, you know the brakes are good cause the seldom have to stop.

BeatTheTunaUp

Fux with the best, Die like the rest
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 17, 2012
    Temple TX
    Interesting thread.

Like many of you I don't get excited about EV's. As mention by beat the tuna on why, I agree they do nothing for me. EV's 0-60 are some mean machines but when you can download exhaust sounds...That makes me shake my head.
    I don't know what the market is going to do when I pass my little diesel truck off to my son. That's my plan.
    For a while I have been rethinking my opinion of Dodge trucks. Historically consumer reports are terrible and plentiful.

At this point I will never own another Ford truck. I would try a Ram over a Ford now. I'm witnessing people with Fords have unacceptable problems under 100K miles. My Colorado aint some amazing machine but it's been solid compared to issues I see other truck owners deal with. I have a service plan I follow and my goal is to see how many miles that 2.8 diesel can take without a major shop visit.

By the time I'm done with the Colorado maybe I won't be able to get a new Ram gas. I'm sure by then if it's a diesel a new rig will have an insane asking. At that point I'd just get a restored classic.
    Ram and Chrysler get a bad rap and deservedly so. The one exception is the 2014 and new Ram trucks. I'm a service manager at a shop and all Rams get are brakes and tires. I see coolant and oil leaks on gm, ford has everything under the sun, but usually timing issues because of that damn complicated plastic tensioned timing chain. The new rams are solid. Trim level makes a huge difference in NVH though. A base model feels like a truck. My sport with it's leather wrapped dash, ventilated seats and thick carpets is quiet and drives like a car. I put my money where my mouth is and bought a Ram after years of writing estimates for Fords and Chevys

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    Ram and Chrysler get a bad rap and deservedly so. The one exception is the 2014 and new Ram trucks. I'm a service manager at a shop and all Rams get are brakes and tires. I see coolant and oil leaks on gm, ford has everything under the sun, but usually timing issues because of that damn complicated plastic tensioned timing chain. The new rams are solid. Trim level makes a huge difference in NVH though. A base model feels like a truck. My sport with it's leather wrapped dash, ventilated seats and thick carpets is quiet and drives like a car. I put my money where my mouth is and bought a Ram after years of writing estimates for Fords and Chevys
    Good to know on the 2014 and newer...I'll try a ram for my nest truck IF LOL lots don't all have junk or EV's by then.

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    All those issues are why I went with a Titan this go around. It's been a great truck!
    I had an 04 that was the toughest truck I ever owned. I'm not sold on the newer Titans because they stopped being Nissan a long time ago but I'm happy you have good things to say. I'm just hesitant. It would take a lot to fill the shoes of that ol beast. 04 is when despite having rear end seal issues (My truck didn't suffer from it that bad. Nothing burger) most Titans still had Nissan quality and durability. After 05 I could tell I needed to keep my truck as long as I could.
    I put somewhere around 16k miles on a shot wheel bearing, beat the hell out of it in the mountains, no blow by until 136k miles and at that point only reason I traded it vs fixing it was body damage being more expensive than I wanted. She took every bit of abuse and asked for more. 5.6 first gen was an engine that used over stock 5.0 nismo parts and it showed. It was a legit 6 second truck stock with VDC off. I heard those first gens with the woot off was really nasty.

I gambled on my Colorado because the 2.8 is an Isuzu engine. So far the gamble is going fine. It's a snail but I knew that. Last year 6L50 seems fine. The only thing that failed in almost 90 thousand miles has been a DPF and while outside of warranty Classic Chevy took care of it just cause.

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    I'm right at 195,000 miles on my 15 Ram.
    Yep. It's solid. Haven't even gotten an alignment.

Top Bottom