Join TexasGunTalk

Well, it's about time!

Discussion in 'Activism' started by busykngt, Mar 19, 2017.

1. busykngt

busykngt TGT Addict

Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney
    Finally(!)...approval hearing on the Gorsuch nomination to the SCOTUS will begin tomorrow. I don't know what took so long (IMHO, should've been THE FIRST thing Prez Trump should have gotten kicked off).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited: Mar 19, 2017
  2. motorcarman

motorcarman Compulsive Collector

Feb 13, 2015
    Rural Wise County, TX.
    The Federal Gov't is a LUMBERING bureaucracy.

bob

3. diesel1959

diesel1959 por vida Lifetime Member

Nov 7, 2013
    Houston & BFE
    It's traditional for a prospective appointee like that to be walked around the Senate chambers to meet and talk with each and every Senator. That takes some time, folks. It's part of the game. Also, during that same time period, in the case of a Judicial appointment, the Senate Judiciary Committee members actually look up each and every opinion on each and every case in which the prospective appointee took part--looking especially at opinions authored by the prospective appointee him/herself. It's a LOT of work.

4. Saltyag2010

Saltyag2010 TGT Addict

Feb 11, 2014
    Flour Bluff, America
    I'm just ready to have another non-activist judge. Congress needs to pass a law that punishes judges who rule against the constitution (like the 4 who said that the 2nd amendment doesn't allow people to own guns) to death by some kind of public execution.

Judges dont get to make, enforce, or amend laws. It's time for a purge of the bad judges to insure our freedom and limit the power of the judicial branch and the executive branch. Otherwise I'd rather have anarchy.

5. BRD@66

BRD@66 TGT Addict

Jan 23, 2014
    Liberty Hill
    Wow! You are salty.