Guns International

Well...just got back from the range...got some stuff to chew on....

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jcb7469

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Someone pointed out during one of the battles that not a single LE agency issues the XD. Just food for thought.

Maybe the LEO discount on the XD is not as good as the LE Discount on the GLOCK?. I would say a LE weapon and a CHL weapon is almost apples and oranges in my mind.
    OF course my opinion is worth exactly what you paid for it.

Last edited:

shooterfpga

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Conroe, TX
    Someone pointed out during one of the battles that not a single LE agency issues the XD. Just food for thought.

Youre dealing with budget agencies. A lot of people like to compare civilian market weapons to military and LEO. But remember, we get our equipment generally from the lowest bidder. I only trust my issued equipment because i have to and because even if a high percentage of them malfunction i still have superior firepower to back me up.

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    Yeah, I got a little time dealing with government contracts and the low bid. Not on firearms, defense, etc, but the principal remains, they are required to spend the least amount of money possible but are NOT required to buy an inferior product (general comment, not directed solely at XD) so we can just throw that claim out the window.

Glock haters stand proud! :roflfunny:

Last edited:

JimmyB

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2013
    Tomball, TX
    Smith and Wesson offers their stuff quite a bit cheaper than Glock, yet 65% of law enforcement carries Glocks. Food for thought.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Smith and Wesson offers their stuff quite a bit cheaper than Glock, yet 65% of law enforcement carries Glocks. Food for thought.

And the military issues the beretta M9 and DPS went to sig. What's your point?

I've shot Glocks, didn't care for them. Fine guns but they are not gonna fit everyone just like a Springfield or Smith and Wesson will not fit everyone.

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    And I love My Rock Islands, bottom line, the best gun is the one thats reliable and you shoot the best, regardless of who uses what. And You can afford. Pretty much covers all the above

from a non-recovering coffeeholic

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    Yeah, I got a little time dealing with government contracts and the low bid. Not on firearms, defense, etc, but the principal remains, they are required to spend the least amount of money possible but are NOT required to buy an inferior product (general comment, not directed solely at XD) so we can just throw that claim out the window.

Glock haters stand proud! :roflfunny:
    actually government RFPs list minimum standards. If a bid meets the requirement, then it is considered. All else being equal, low bid wins. The claim never goes out the window.

Atlas Thug

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 6, 2013
    Big FTW
    From where do you get that percentage?

GLOCK Police and Law Enforcement Firearms | Police Pistols | GLOCK USA

When you leave for work, there's always one primary goal—get home. So when your profession demands you put your life on the line every day, we take our responsibility very seriously. That’s why we never stop striving to make sure you carry a distinct advantage. And that’s why approximately 65% of police departments in America already put a GLOCK police pistol in between them and the problem.

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    actually government RFPs list minimum standards. If a bid meets the requirement, then it is considered. All else being equal, low bid wins. The claim never goes out the window.

You're correct, and so was I. You stated the same as I with differing words. :p

JimmyB

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2013
    Tomball, TX
    And the military issues the beretta M9 and DPS went to sig. What's your point?

I've shot Glocks, didn't care for them. Fine guns but they are not gonna fit everyone just like a Springfield or Smith and Wesson will not fit everyone.
    I was responding the the above post saying that maybe Glock has a better discount than Springfield. Feel free to blindly hate Glock though, doesn't shake me a bit. :)

JimmyB

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2013
    Tomball, TX
    From where do you get that percentage?

GLOCK Police and Law Enforcement Firearms | Police Pistols | GLOCK USA

When you leave for work, there's always one primary goal—get home. So when your profession demands you put your life on the line every day, we take our responsibility very seriously. That’s why we never stop striving to make sure you carry a distinct advantage. And that’s why approximately 65% of police departments in America already put a GLOCK police pistol in between them and the problem.
    This is where I got my percentage, I don't throw out random made up numbers.

Top Bottom