ARJ Defense ad

Well we know it isn't the white non-Hispanic but...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Deaf Smith

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2022
    Texas
    Maximum rates of fatalities by homicide among Black non-Hispanic men (141.8 fatalities/100,000 persons) significantly outpaced rates of fatalities among white non-Hispanic men (6.3 fatalities/100,000) and Hispanic men of the same age (22.8 fatalities/100,000 persons). The data does show there are also differences in fatalities by intent. Suicides were most common among white non-Hispanic men 80-84 years (45.2 fatalities/100,000 persons).
    “Firearm fatalities accelerated dramatically during the COVID pandemic. Multiple potential factors have likely contributed to this including severe economic distress, an erupting mental health crisis, and a significant uptick in the sale of firearms,” says Eric Fleegler, MD, MPH, associate professor of pediatrics and emergency medicine at Harvard Medical School and emergency medicine physician at Boston Children’s Hospital.

Yet notice they talk about shootings but about the defund police NOR woke DAs letting the criminals out.

Texas SOT

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    This is the most concerning part of all that.

“Suicides were most common among white non-Hispanic men 80-84 years (45.2 fatalities/100,000 persons).”

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    Um, what does 'white non-Hispanic men' mean?

I guess plain, standard English, is no longer in existence?

Is 'white non-Hispanic men' some vague pc bull shit?

Please, speak fking normal, everyday English...so those of us who aren't into bs pc jargon can understand what you post!

LeadChucker

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2019
    Dallas TX
    Um, what does 'white non-Hispanic men' mean?

I guess plain, standard English, is no longer in existence?

Is 'white non-Hispanic men' some vague pc bull shit?

Please, speak fking normal, everyday English...so those of us who aren't into bs pc jargon can understand what you post!
    Not an answer, but FYI, all government forms and most employment forms, now ask you two questions. First they ask your race, and if you answer white, they then ask if you are Hispanic. As the son of a 6 foot two, blonde haired, blue eyed Air Force officer that married a very pretty hispanic girl while stationed at Randolph AFB in San Antonio, I've been dealing with this question most of my life.

Funny story, we returned to Randolph when I was in the 3rd grade. I was riding my bike and a couple of young (e2 or 3) MPs stopped me and stated they were going to ticket me for "an unsafe bycycle". Probably picked me out because I was brown and thought I had wandered onto the base. Then they met my dad, the assistant post commander. :cool:

RIP Dad - I still miss you
    1669933525669.png

Last edited:

gll

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    Hispanics are considered white for crime rate statistics...

In order to deconflate statistics, white non-hispanics have to be separated from white hispanics.

Zombodroid_01122022035646.jpg

Reactions: MTA

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    LC,

Thanks for your response.

My 2 Granddaughters: The oldest is married to a Hispanic (South Texas guy) Air Force member currently stationed in Germany where they both live. I couldn't possibly love them both more than I do. I hope they make some gorgeous babies. She's a natural blonde and pale as milk and he's moderately brown. Kids will be models of beauty I'm sure...

Youngest is a junior at Texas A&M living with her Hispanic boyfriend (also a South Texas guy) and also a junior at Texas A&M) ...they've been together for 5 years. I'm so glad they're together. He's a great guy and very protective of her at (6'5" / 250 lbs) he's does a very credible job of it.

Both are very pro-gun and excellent shots...what could a Grandpa want more for his Grand-girls than 2 excellent guys who're pro-gun Conservatives and also love them to pieces?

I'll croak happy knowing they're both loved and well cared for...yeah, I'm old school, not supposed to say such things now...and both are highly educated and will not 'need' a man, yeah, yeah, I can hear some feminists bitching my 'loved and cared for' comment being thought impolitic, but being loved and cared for goes both ways...sorry I've lapped into 'old rambling guy' speak...sigh.

I'll stop now...

Big Dipper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2012
    ATX & FC, WI
    The stat that's least published is that most homicide victims are killed by their own race. Interracial homicides aren't as prevalent as most would think.

Sent from my SM-A135U1 using Tapatalk

Which further points to the fact that it is a cultural problem and that genes, melanin, race… has very little to do with it!

Wudidiz

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 8, 2022
    Tomball
    My opinion is that the root cause of the higher non-white fatalities is the racist social-economic ceilings constructed and perpetuated by the Democratiic party via social programs that remove the incentiives to education, productivity and success.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Not an answer, but FYI, all government forms and most employment forms, now ask you two questions. First they ask your race, and if you answer white, they then ask if you are Hispanic. As the son of a 6 foot two, blonde haired, blue eyed Air Force officer that married a very pretty hispanic girl while stationed at Randolph AFB in San Antonio, I've been dealing with this question most of my life.

Funny story, we returned to Randolph when I was in the 3rd grade. I was riding my bike and a couple of young (e2 or 3) MPs stopped me and stated they were going to ticket me for "an unsafe bycycle". Probably picked me out because I was brown and thought I had wandered onto the base. Then they met my dad, the assistant post commander. :cool:

RIP Dad - I still miss you
    View attachment 359042

>
    I have a similar situation, my P GM was Spanish & my Wife is Mexican-American.

My “race” is Human.

If pressed, it is “Other”.

We are obliged to answer the census, but NOT to provide all their snooping info demands.

Next, . . . . . .

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    My family gatherings are like a UN meeting. At least 4 “races” represented.

Went to “lunch with grandparents day” recently. Had lunch with my grandson. Got some funny looks seeing me, a pasty white large man holding the hand of my grandson who’s skin tone is basically Mexican-ish, but has gold hair and looks a lot like me.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    My family gatherings are like a UN meeting. At least 4 “races” represented.

Went to “lunch with grandparents day” recently. Had lunch with my grandson. Got some funny looks seeing me, a pasty white large man holding the hand of my grandson who’s skin tone is basically Mexican-ish, but has gold hair and looks a lot like me.

>
    I once knew a 6’3” blond blue eye’d Mexican MD. I have a current Friend who is a 6’3” pure Mandarin Chinese native-born Mexican. A Surgeon Friend from Brazil told me of meeting twin Japanese ladies, who both had blue eyes.

Top Bottom