• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    She is also in favor of the continued killing of unborn babies. That's enough for me.

I saw one of her campaign signs the other day

ist2_1152377-wire-coat-hanger.jpg

Odiferous

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Evans, Georgia
    I still have to call B.S. on her - if I read the article right, she said she'd support Open Carry for CHL holders...sooooooo, if someone is open carrying, then the police MUST stop that person and ask him/her to produce a CHL, right?

I'm ambivalent on Open Carry...BUT, if I were to OC, why would I want to be constantly stopped and asked for my CHL?

Last edited:

Anger

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 7, 2010
    Washington MI (glorious in summer)
    I still have to call B.S. on her - if I read the article right, she said she'd support Open Carry for CHL holders...sooooooo, if someone is open carrying, then the police MUST stop that person and ask him/her to produce a CHL, right?

I'm ambivalent on Open Carry...BUT, if I were to OC, why would I want to be constantly stopped and asked for my CHL?

this is my fear about OC. too many libs calling police. off topic, I know.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    And she voted twice against campus carry, and tried to force gun shows in Fort Worth to go through with background checks on every transfer, and she still supports universal checks but only doesn't push it because she knows it'd be a waste of time (by her own admission).

She also said she'd sign a universal check bill if it hit her desk as governor.

Not just no, but hell no.

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    if someone is open carrying, then the police MUST stop that person and ask him/her to produce a CHL, right?

No; a police officer can not detain you without reasonable suspicion that you may be involved in a crime. Of course if they want to screw with you badly enough they'll just do it anyway and not answer when you ask if you're free to go, answer with, "You wanna get arrested? Then shut up!," claim you match a description, claim they saw you doing something you didn't...

Can you tell I've had this happen before?

HillRider

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    Helotes, TX
    And she voted twice against campus carry, and tried to force gun shows in Fort Worth to go through with background checks on every transfer, and she still supports universal checks but only doesn't push it because she knows it'd be a waste of time (by her own admission).

She also said she'd sign a universal check bill if it hit her desk as governor.

Not just no, but hell no.

You're right. Classic Red Herring. Open carry is important, but it wasn't even a point of contention in the last battle. Yeah, she can support open carry all day, as long as you are limited to 7 rounds.

This is the game Democrats play. They lie. The Castro brothers in SA said all day long they were pro 2nd amend., but they admitted they were in favor of Feinstein's AWB and ban on magazine capacity when asked in an interview.

She needs to be exposed on this in an interview or debate.

Odiferous

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Evans, Georgia
    No; a police officer can not detain you without reasonable suspicion that you may be involved in a crime. Of course if they want to screw with you badly enough they'll just do it anyway and not answer when you ask if you're free to go, answer with, "You wanna get arrested? Then shut up!," claim you match a description, claim they saw you doing something you didn't...

Can you tell I've had this happen before?

Okay - I think I didn't make my point correctly - if you're referring to OC of rifles..as is currently the law, then I would agree with you since simply carrying a rifle openly doesn't constitute reasonable suspicion that you may be involved in a crime.

The article I read on Wendy Davis' support for OC of handguns -specified- that an open carrier would have to have a CHL - in an imperfect world, wouldn't that open the door for LEOs to ask to see it?

I'm trying to wrap my head around why anyone would approve OC of handguns and then throw the CHL requirement into the mix, since the "C" means concealed.

Thanks!

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    The article I read on Wendy Davis' support for OC of handguns -specified- that an open carrier would have to have a CHL - in an imperfect world, wouldn't that open the door for LEOs to ask to see it?

Legally, no. They can not legally detain you without reasonable suspicion you are involved in a crime. Carrying a gun is not a crime. They can't detain you for this anymore than they can pull you over to see if you have a driver's license.

Of course the previously mentioned flippant LEO tactics still apply. There are many videos of people on youtube being illegally detained for legally OCing by cops who either don't know the law or don't care.

Top Bottom