• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jeffrey

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2013
    Longview, Tx
    Jeffrey (I understand these may or not be your beliefs), here's what a grumpy old White TEA Party member would say to your talking points: "Not fun or attractive" I don't know about you but "fun" and "attractive" aren't even on my radar when I consider who to support. If it is was, I'd be pushing Miley Cyrus to run for office (isn't twerking fun!) or George Clooney (isn't he attractive!). Fortunately Conservatives aren't shallow little twits who vote based upon the number of Facebook friends one has although I firmly believe most Conservative women are effing hot while most Liberal women are mutts. "It's none of your business who someone chooses to sleep with" Jeffrey, I don't know a single Conservative who cares if some man wants to stick his dick into another man's hairy bunghole in the privacy of their lavender scented boudoir, however I know many Conservatives who are adamantly against the federal government usurping State's Rights and pushing for Gay marriage as it's not in the purview of the federal government. Secondly, we don't want any of our payroll taxes going to support a lifestyle that we disagree with. Marriage would confer survivor benefits on the spouse. People need to get their facts straight before they assume anything about Conservatives. "Move into a new millennium and confront the new issues" What issues are those Jeffrey? The debt? The deficit? A nuclear Iran? The breakdown of the family as a root cause for all the insensate violence plaguing our inner cities? Should we drop those old conservative issues to "move into a new millennium" to confront "new issues" such as what? Legalizing marijuana? Ya, that problem always jumps to the fore when I consider the deeply troubling issues facing America. The old issues are the ones that need fixing and Conservatives are the only ones willing to face those problems. Democrats and Liberals are like children who'll ride the crazy train until it wrecks, then blame the republicans and TEA Party for not stopping the train for maintenance. Jeffrey. I don't know if you're Conservative or Liberal, but you have an uncanny ability to think like a Lib.

Sapper, I'm trying to show a picture of how the average apolitical people see the republicans. To win over your opponent, you must know your opponent. The republicans have to change their image. I'm a Christian Conservative Libertarian. I'm not saying republicans should ignore the "old" issues, but they need to portray themselves as modern, and "with the times". I'm not saying that the republicans need to move toward the milled. I'm saying that the republicans need to move the middle toward them. The only way to do that is to break down the old stereotype that I described, and show a face of freedom. Most centrists and liberals just don't see that in the republican party currently.

moshow9

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2011
    El Paso
    Was talking with my folks while visiting yesterday. Politics briefly came up and my Dad asked both my Mom and myself to vote for Davis. Told him I would not and that my vote was going to Abbott. Dad was shocked, shook his head, and that turned out to be the end of the politics talk. To be fair, there are other areas where we have differing opinions. He feels the SUV driver was at fault in NYC. I told him I would have reacted the same way if that were me with my wife and child. Another shake of the head and a disappointed "Wow" was all I got. But he's my pops and despite our different views I still love him.

stdreb27

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    Corpus christi
    Nothing dumb about 9-9-9, if it would have applied to every single person.

The reason the 9-9-9 plan was dumb and unworkable is 3 fold.

1. it would have created a new tax.
    2. it would be 10-10-10 then 11-11-11 then 12-12-12. In short order.
    3. It would have needed a constitutional amendment. And you'd have some huge hurtles to cross on that path...

stdreb27

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    Corpus christi
    Was talking with my folks while visiting yesterday. Politics briefly came up and my Dad asked both my Mom and myself to vote for Davis. Told him I would not and that my vote was going to Abbott. Dad was shocked, shook his head, and that turned out to be the end of the politics talk. To be fair, there are other areas where we have differing opinions. He feels the SUV driver was at fault in NYC. I told him I would have reacted the same way if that were me with my wife and child. Another shake of the head and a disappointed "Wow" was all I got. But he's my pops and despite our different views I still love him.

This is the only thing she's got going for her. The people who vote democrat up north have heard of her.

stdreb27

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    Corpus christi
    its a lot better than what we have now.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk now Free

Do the math. It would be pretty rough on one's pocketbook. I'm all for a flatter if not flat tax type system. That system would have snowballed quickly...

You really be willing to spend 17% tax on everything you buy? Plus pay a 9% income tax?

cbigclarke

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    cypress
    your assuming it would have gotten there. Plus you forget that you would pay no federal income tax. Being where we live this is a win

Dash Riprock

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Austin
    I thought Medina was going for the Comptroller's position.

In any event, she's a truther and that in my mind is instant disqualification for anything.

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    I don't have a dog in the abortion fight. I'd like to know about her 2nd Amendment position. Some of you have kicked the can about her being anti gun. Can you cite your sources or comment on her views with some degree of accuracy?

Flash

Last edited:

Ole Cowboy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch
    I don't have a dog in the abortion fight. I'd like to know her position about her 2nd Amendment position. Some of you have kicked the can about her being anti gun. Can you cite your sources or comment on her views with some degree of accuracy?

Flash
    She is ANTI GUN!

Source: Her own statement(s). She is running on a Pro Abortion-Anti gun ticket according to her

txbikerman

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 10, 2013
    mckinney
    Of course she is anti gun. She is a democrat. And as far as abortion goes. I am againist it. To me its murder.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    Can you reference that information. Can I see it in her own words? Not doubting you but if I'm going to oppose her strongly, I want to be sure.

Flash

akarfal

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2009
    Johnson county
    If she runs....there will be lots of George Sorros, bloomburg, hollywood, and lots of left wing money to F--- With Texas gun rights. Now is the time to gather the votes fo G A.

Top Bottom