Wendys Employee Charged with Murder for Punching Elderly Man Who Complained About Order

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • skfullgun

Dances With Snakes
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 14, 2017
    In the woods...
    Watching the video, I would guess the old man complained about the fact his drink cups were handed to him with the employees fingers INSIDE the cups. That is a pet peeve of mine…

ETA. Still photos appear to show that the employee did not have his fingers inside the cups.

Last edited:

Coiled

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 25, 2016
    SETX
    Capture Wendys.JPG

I don't see fingers in the cup.

Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Texarkana - Across The Border
    Damn shame. I have spent a lot of time in Prescott & PV. A lot of old folks with attitude problems live in the area. A lot of them are transplants from California & back east. Yup, they bring their rude behaviors with them.

No excuse for what that asshole did. I heard he was genuinely shocked when he was arrested, I bet he’s shitting peach seeds now his charges are going to be kicked up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Did the man who got killed exhibit rude behavior?

Wudidiz

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 8, 2022
    Tomball
    Damn shame. I have spent a lot of time in Prescott & PV. A lot of old folks with attitude problems live in the area. A lot of them are transplants from California & back east. Yup, they bring their rude behaviors with them.

No excuse for what that asshole did. I heard he was genuinely shocked when he was arrested, I bet he’s shitting peach seeds now his charges are going to be kicked up.

I hope a cellmate puts a shiv in his kidneys.

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    Some “old people” can be real azzholes.
    Old farts can lose their minds over some unbelievably trivial matters.
    Having dealt with them myself I understand why a guy could lose his temper dealing with one of them. I do not condone what that guy did but I want to know what was said to make him want to bash Mr.Tilly hat upside the head.

gdr_11

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2014

This is very true. I lived for two years in a Dell Webb retirement community and the people there treated the local staff at coffee shops, restaurants and grocery stores like they were some kind of lower form of life. My wife and I told a few of them off after they were so rude to the kids working the counters. This was because 90% of the people there had sold their homes in big California or East Coast cities and moved there. The worse ones were the retired college professors (there were dozens that I met) who thought they were above everyone else.

So, I have no doubt this guy was obnoxious to say the least, but that's no excuse for what this lowlife did

Coiled

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 25, 2016
    SETX
    But they hired him and there are cases where the employer was sued because of what their employee did.
    And frivolous cases are tossed out every day.

Clearly Antoine went berserk and was no longer acting in an employee capacity, therefore Wendy's is not liable for his actions.

popsgarland

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 24, 2011
    DFW area

Clearly Antoine went berserk and was no longer acting in an employee capacity, therefore Wendy's is not liable for his actions.

Now that makes no since at all.

You would make a lousy defense attorney.....

yes your honor. He was behind the counter.
    And yes, he took the order. Yes your honor, he delivered the order.
    Yes your honor, he is drawing a pay check.
    Yes your honor he was wearing their uniform.
    No your, he never went berserk before.
    No your honor, he never acted this way before.

Well, your honor. He went berserk because an old white man
    pointed his finger at him and said that his order was wrong and
    that triggered some latent berserkness that no one knew he had.

As long as he was in uniform, at work, behind the counter, taking orders,
    serving customers, on the clock and wasn't fired. He WAS acting
    as an employee.

I could go on and on, but I'll stop here.

Reactions: gll

gll

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    Now that makes no since at all.

You would make a lousy defense attorney.....

yes your honor. He was behind the counter.
    And yes, he took the order. Yes your honor, he delivered the order.
    Yes your honor, he is drawing a pay check.
    Yes your honor he was wearing their uniform.
    No your, he never went berserk before.
    No your honor, he never acted this way before.

Well, your honor. He went berserk because an old white man
    pointed his finger at him and said that his order was wrong and
    that triggered some latent berserkness that no one knew he had.

As long as he was in uniform, at work, behind the counter, taking orders,
    serving customers, on the clock and wasn't fired. He WAS acting
    as an employee.

I could go on and on, but I'll stop here.

Question remains... Should an employer be responsible for an employees unsanctioned actions?

Did the employee manual specify "no hitting customers"? Does it need too? If it did would the employer still be responsible for the employees action?

popsgarland

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 24, 2011
    DFW area
    All of us are just speculating on why this happened or shouldn't have happened.

We might not ever know why this happened. But, one thing for sure is that
    it never should have gotten to the point where the old man was attacked physically.

The only thing I know for sure, is that I'm very happy that it wasn't my dad or grand-dad
    that died. Those of you who are defending the worker, I wonder how you would feel
    if that old man was your dad or grand-dad.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Question remains... Should an employer be responsible for an employees unsanctioned actions?

Did the employee manual specify "no hitting customers"? Does it need too? If it did would the employer still be responsible for the employees action?
    IF this were a cop, would we hold the department he worked for responsible for his actions?

I know many companies I worked for in the past, how to respond or react to a beligerant customer was reviewed during training and seminars. I know from past experience, that many times the best approach was to let a manager deal with the customer and step away from the situation.

And ANY company where employees are dealing with the public in a face to face interaction, maybe there needs to be a certain level of training to deal with problem customers.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas

IF there is a lawsuit, they always go after the money. Yes the employee did the deed, but he probably only makes minimum wage. The employer has the deeper pockets. Not hard to figure who the lawyers are going after in a lawsuit.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Watching the video, I would guess the old man complained about the fact his drink cups were handed to him with the employees fingers INSIDE the cups. That is a pet peeve of mine…

ETA. Still photos appear to show that the employee did not have his fingers inside the cups.
    Doesn't matter if the fellow was being a complete jerk of a customer. No excuse for the attack. Period.

Top Bottom