• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hoytinak

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas of course
    Well, as some of you figured out....I didn't really do this and it was a joke. It's just a sad spin on what some are actually doing though. :rolleyes:

As for the rest of yall, yall need to lighten up a little. :p

TxPhantom

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    Frisco, Texas
    I just got back from Academy at Parker & N.D. Tollway in Plano, Tx. They had some 9mm Monarch but had a two box limit. Oh-well two is better than none!
    That brings my hoarded stash to about 300 rounds.

SAND_MAN1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2009
    Fort Worth
    I just got back from Academy at Parker & N.D. Tollway in Plano, Tx. They had some 9mm Monarch but had a two box limit. Oh-well two is better than none!
    That brings my hoarded stash to about 300 rounds.

I went to the one in south Fort Worth yesterday after work and they had a 4 box limit there. I bought 2 boxes of that same Monarch 9mm, that was all they had available. They had some more boxes but that was all I decided on getting.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Poor kid. Hopefully he found some elsewhere.

What do you need 3000 rounds of .22LR for anyways? When the SHTF, I sure as hell won't be reaching for the 10/22.

Some of us will shoot that much in a month. And if TSHF my .22 will be the first choice/ I can carry a lot more ammo, and if I have to shoot my own food, well you will shoot more small game than large.

lonewolf23c

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2008
    Idaho
    Well I went to 2 walmarts, Cabelas, Sportsmans Warehouse, Impact Guns, Boise Gun Company, and Cliffs Guns Safes & Reloading in search of some .45LC ammo today. Didn't find even a single round. So:

NOTE TO SELF: check the ammo shelves for calibers that are available before buying a new gun. :(

GI-John

Hurry up and wait!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Houston/San Antonio TX
    It would seem that the Ammo scarcity doesnt apply to me. I always run into plenty at the 2 Walmart supercenters i go to. I will now start buying the common HG calibers and sell them to yall with no profit. I feel bad for yall now having to "hunt" for ammo.

9mm, 40sw, 45 acp, and 22lr.

I'll start posting in here what i randomly pick up. Like i said, you'll pay what the walmart receipt reads.

lonewolf23c

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2008
    Idaho
    There's a crap load of .45 lc here in Houston.

Hmm, wonder why my local suppliers can't seem to get any. I would think that Cabelas and Sportsmans Warehouse would at least be able to get it.

Looks like I'm going to be selling a gun before I even get a chance to fire it. No point in having a gun if I can't get ammo for it.

DCortez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Houston, Cy-Fair
    Hmm, wonder why my local suppliers can't seem to get any. I would think that Cabelas and Sportsmans Warehouse would at least be able to get it.

Looks like I'm going to be selling a gun before I even get a chance to fire it. No point in having a gun if I can't get ammo for it.

Shipping you some ammo might be a pain, but not as painful ($$) as buying the gun

TxPhantom

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    Frisco, Texas

If I sold all the guns I'm having a hard time finding ammo for, all I would have left is my S & W 22A pistol and two 22 rifles. I'm in a network of local shooters that call each other when they find any ammo. If we can, we will buy some for each other to be reimbursed later.

lonewolf23c

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2008
    Idaho
    If I sold all the guns I'm having a hard time finding ammo for, all I would have left is my S & W 22A pistol and two 22 rifles. I'm in a network of local shooters that call each other when they find any ammo. If we can, we will buy some for each other to be reimbursed later.

The next time I'm at Cabelas, Sportsmans Warehouse, etc. I will take a picture of the shelves. They're really easy to dust cause there's nothing on them.

I'm going out shooting this weekend with some friends, and I'm going to finish off the rest of the ammo I have stored away to get rid of it. That way when I find ammo again it gives me the excuse to buy ammo, that's how it works right? :p

Top Bottom