• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hoytinak

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas of course
    Went on an ammo run...

I have been seeing all the advice about stock piling ammo and it got me to thinking. So, yesterday I decided to make an AMMO RUN.

I went to every place with in a couple of hours drive and bought all the .22lr, 9mm, .45ACP and .357 Magnum I could find. I did not find as much as I wanted, but it will suffice.

I ended up with 3000 .22lr, 1200 9mm, 800 .45ACP and 400 .357, all different types. It was kind of funny, As I was checking out at Bass Pro Shops, of all places, I had grabbed the last of their .22lr bulk, There was a guy in there with his kid looking for some so they could go shooting today, and all I could think is, damn…I am sure glad I got there before them!

While I was at a small gun shop I noticed they had a used G17 in the case. The price was good so I picked it up. I also grabbed a few large ammo cans and stopped by the hardware store and got some silicone.

When I got home I spent a couple of hours packing all my ammo and new to me G17 in the ammo cans. I waited till dark, cause all the best things happen after dark, went in the backyard found a suitable place to make my cache and marked it with my gps….Hey you never know when you might have to come back to it and what all could have changed. Then proceeded to dig a 3 feet deep whole to fit my investment.

Now I sit here wanting to thank all of you for talking me into getting this ammo before we caused the prices of this stuff to go beyond what I could afford. Am glad I picked up that .22lr before the kid wasted it on just plinking. I am now satisfied that I am prepared for when the SHTF.
    Target Sports

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    Hhahahaha... but what happens if your GPS doesn't work.

Honestly, when the SHTF do you think you'll be able to access the satellites that run your GPS? You'll have to do it the old fashioned way.

accordingtoome

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    you could have saved a lot of $$ if you had just backordered it online. sure you have to wait a week or two but its worth it.

TxPhantom

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    Frisco, Texas
    you could have saved a lot of $$ if you had just backordered it online. sure you have to wait a week or two but its worth it.

I have been considering buying some 9mm, 40 & 45 cal. online (300 or 400 jhp rounds each) but every place is back ordered. If it only takes a week or two I think I'll go ahead a do it. Any recomendations as to where to order?
    Prices at W. Mart or Academy are cheaper than buying online but at least I don't have to drive all over looking for it.

crs2fer4

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Grapevine, TX
    Dude, thats funny. If I buried anything in the yard, my 12yr old would show up with it at show and tell. Last year he month he wanted to show a friend of mine my new .45 so he stole my safe....little shit Its all good btw, the safe only went to the living room before I almost killed him

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Gilly
    Top Bottom