• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Texas Solo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2008
    San Antonio
    Hey guys. I stopped by the range today to see Jennifer. I told her that I would buy a new grill and donate it to the range, for which she is very grateful.
    She showed me where to set it up, so we're good 2 go

The list stands as follows:

1. grill,charcoal & fluid (Texas solo)
    2. hot dogs, brats & burgers (M.Sage)
    3. buns for all above (Texas solo)
    4. drinks (TomCat0197)
    5. condiments - Sauerkraut, Catsup & Mustard (Texas Redneck)
    6. paper towels - (Texas Redneck)
    7. cooler & ice (Texas solo)

I'll be there at 0900 sharp. May I suggest we all hook up at the patio area and go from there? I'll be setting up the grill in the back right corner of the patio and catch up to you all on the range.

If anyone on the list can't make it, please post up or e-mail me so we can cover your items.

BTW...does anyone have a chamber gauge for a .223? I got a new Savage Predator Hunter in .223 and would love to measure it, but I'm too cheap to buy a gauge
    Venture Surplus ad

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    How long are you guys going to be out there? I found out I will probably get off work at ~1pm that day, and if so then I could probably make it down there by about 2-2:30pm roughly. Let me know how long you all plan on staying and I'll see if I can make it.

Texas Bulldog

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    San Antonio, Tx
    I just bought my first AR and have never shot one before. Hopefully someone can lend a hand and point me in the proper direction

zlt091.jpg

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Well....crap. It just dawned on me that the HOG rally is ALSO this weekend - an' I've got to cook at the HD Shop for it!!!

BUT - if someone'll email me a contact number, I'll get w/you tomorrow or Friday with the $$$ to cover the stuff I promised to bring - or if you don't have time to pick it up, I'll run by the store and bring it to ya.

Sorry, guys - really am!!!!

Texas Bulldog

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    San Antonio, Tx
    I guess i should ask the protocol on women. G/F is a shooter and is a "Trooper" with her own firepower. I haven't brought it up to her since i understand that sometimes its a time for the guys to "get away" of sortIf this is one of those times just let me know, no biggie. She would probably drive up separately since I plan to stay a while and she would probably only put a few hours in.

JOe

TomCat0197

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Converse
    Texas Bulldog,

I can help you out on the AR, although there isn't much to shooting them. I never have a problem with people bringing their girlfriend to the range. Most of the time they outshoot half the firing line. LOL

I'll bring some water and cokes out. I'd bring tea, but I never touch the stuff, so I wouldn't know what constitutes good (or bad) tea.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Redneck: Don't worry about it. I know someone here who hasn't posted in this thread that's coming, I can have him cover what you'd be bringing. Too bad you can't make it!

Bulldog: I'm sure we can find someone to show you the ropes on your AR. I'm more an AK guy, but can get by on the AR, if nobody else will step up. :p

I'll bring some grease for your bolt carrier.

Feel free to bring the GF. I haven't asked the wife if she'd like to attend yet, but I should.

fuelfather

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 2, 2009
    San Antonio
    Hey TTR bring it by my house...I just had my schedule changed for a few weeks and will have this weekend off. If anyone has any requests for drinks or any thing let me know with an approximate head count. It will be myself, the wife and kids, the oldest one is a shooter.

Texas Solo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2008
    San Antonio
    I guess i should ask the protocol on women. G/F is a shooter and is a "Trooper" with her own firepower.

I'd say it depends on the firepower she can bring
    J/K....of course the GF is welcome. My girlfriend would come, but my wife said no.

I picked up the grill today, will get my other goodies on Friday.
    I've been shooting AR's for about 10 years, so I can help you out too.

M Sage...you grease the carrier??? Won't that goo up the upper receiver in an AR, given the gas system it uses? I hose mine down with brake cleaner and a tooth brush, hose it down again with CLP and slide it home. It's been working for me this long.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    M Sage...you grease the carrier??? Won't that goo up the upper receiver in an AR, given the gas system it uses? I hose mine down with brake cleaner and a tooth brush, hose it down again with CLP and slide it home. It's been working for me this long.

Works great. You lightly grease it. Wheel bearing grease works, but I like using a synthetic moly grease. There's a trick to how it's done, but if you think about it, a light oil like CLP with the direct impingement, that stuff is going to get blown out over time. Grease? Nope. Especially not moly.

Texas Bulldog

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    San Antonio, Tx
    Im excited!... I have 2 new firearms, 1 being my first AR (heck, ive never even fired one before)..

I hope this range is decent, Im bringing my camera since i just got a new lens for it and want to play with that too :)

JOe

Top Bottom