We're all set for 09/26

Discussion in 'San Antonio' started by Texas Solo, Sep 20, 2009.

1. Texas Solo

Texas Solo Active Member

May 4, 2008
    San Antonio
    Hey guys. I stopped by the range today to see Jennifer. I told her that I would buy a new grill and donate it to the range, for which she is very grateful.
    She showed me where to set it up, so we're good 2 go :happy0001:

The list stands as follows:

1. grill,charcoal & fluid (Texas solo)
    2. hot dogs, brats & burgers (M.Sage)
    3. buns for all above (Texas solo)
    4. drinks (TomCat0197)
    5. condiments - Sauerkraut, Catsup & Mustard (Texas Redneck)
    6. paper towels - (Texas Redneck)
    7. cooler & ice (Texas solo)

I'll be there at 0900 sharp. May I suggest we all hook up at the patio area and go from there? I'll be setting up the grill in the back right corner of the patio and catch up to you all on the range.

If anyone on the list can't make it, please post up or e-mail me so we can cover your items.

BTW...does anyone have a chamber gauge for a .223? I got a new Savage Predator Hunter in .223 and would love to measure it, but I'm too cheap to buy a gauge :rofl:

2. SIG_Fiend

SIG_Fiend Administrator TGT Supporter Admin

Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    How long are you guys going to be out there? I found out I will probably get off work at ~1pm that day, and if so then I could probably make it down there by about 2-2:30pm roughly. Let me know how long you all plan on staying and I'll see if I can make it.

3. M. Sage

M. Sage TGT Addict

Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    I don't see why we wouldn't be there that long.

4. Texas Solo

Texas Solo Active Member

May 4, 2008
    San Antonio
    I have a rifle that MUST get zeroed Saturday, so I'll probably be there for awhile.

5. Texas Bulldog

Texas Bulldog Active Member

Sep 6, 2009
    San Antonio, Tx
    I will be there. Looking to get in touch with some local's :)

6. Texas Bulldog

Sep 6, 2009
    San Antonio, Tx
    I just bought my first AR and have never shot one before. Hopefully someone can lend a hand and point me in the proper direction

[​IMG]

7. TexasRedneck

TexasRedneck 1911 Nut Lifetime Member

Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Well....crap. It just dawned on me that the HOG rally is ALSO this weekend - an' I've got to cook at the HD Shop for it!!!

BUT - if someone'll email me a contact number, I'll get w/you tomorrow or Friday with the $$$ to cover the stuff I promised to bring - or if you don't have time to pick it up, I'll run by the store and bring it to ya.

Sorry, guys - really am!!!!

8. Texas Bulldog

Sep 6, 2009
    San Antonio, Tx
    I guess i should ask the protocol on women. G/F is a shooter and is a "Trooper" with her own firepower. I haven't brought it up to her since i understand that sometimes its a time for the guys to "get away" of sortIf this is one of those times just let me know, no biggie. She would probably drive up separately since I plan to stay a while and she would probably only put a few hours in.

JOe

9. TexasRedneck

TexasRedneck 1911 Nut Lifetime Member

Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    IMO, wives/girlfriends should be welcome...

10. TomCat0197

TomCat0197 New Member

May 28, 2008
    Converse
    Texas Bulldog,

I can help you out on the AR, although there isn't much to shooting them. I never have a problem with people bringing their girlfriend to the range. Most of the time they outshoot half the firing line. LOL

I'll bring some water and cokes out. I'd bring tea, but I never touch the stuff, so I wouldn't know what constitutes good (or bad) tea.