• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fuelfather

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 2, 2009
    San Antonio
    Hey Sage, I just got back from HEB with the stuff that Redneck was gonna bring. I will also have a 5 gallon jug of fresh brewed tea and sweetener, as well as cups

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    No....but then again, you don't have one of these...

NRAEdition.jpg

100_0096.gif

Texas Bulldog

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    San Antonio, Tx
    I'll be there at 9am ready to go.

I have never been there so is there anything i should know before hand? Cash only? stuff like that... do they sell ammo there? i think i have enough .223 but im not sure really.

JOe

Texas Bulldog

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    San Antonio, Tx
    Ok, i guess the proper question is what fee's should i expect to get hit with?... Per gun? per hour? by the day? bring my own targets?

I plan on bringing a little of everything... shotguns, handguns, rifles... so i think i can adapt pretty well for any occasion.

JOe

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Ok, i guess the proper question is what fee's should i expect to get hit with?... Per gun? per hour? by the day? bring my own targets?

I plan on bringing a little of everything... shotguns, handguns, rifles... so i think i can adapt pretty well for any occasion.

JOe

IIRC, it's like $10 per shooter - not sure if they allow ya to go from one range to another for that fee, but likely so - they're pretty laid back. Spare targets are a buck or less. Fee is for the day. You can bring your own targets.

Texas Bulldog

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    San Antonio, Tx
    TexasRedneck- Thanks for all the info! Appreciate it.

If i have to pay to go to other ranges, no biggie. Was just kinda curious if it was "Texas Guns" prices or "Bullet hole" style.

JOe

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Bullet Hole style with a better operation by far. I was one of the first Life Members of that range - and I left the membership card on their desk one day with a rather vivid suggestion of where they could put it.
    I AM an annual member out at Bexar Community and @ Dietz - will probably just keep Dietz, though - they're closer to me....

semicrazy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2009
    If i have to pay to go to other ranges, no biggie. Was just kinda curious if it was "Texas Guns" prices or "Bullet hole" style.

It's 10 dollar range fee, 1 dollar for extra target or bring your own.

They're really laid back they let me shoot 50BMG there on a good day.

Texas Solo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2008
    San Antonio
    Fee is $10...all day, unlimited guns. I bought an annual membership for $60, so my range fee is only $4. I make up the membership fee easily.

I got the following:
    grill
    charcoal & fluid
    cooking utensils
    dog & burger rolls
    ice

also bringing plates and some silverware (plastic actually)

Now....who's doing the cooking? Volunteers???

Bulldog...I have a crapload of .223. They had some Remington .223 last I was there. but I don't know the price. I'll bring a bunch and sell you what you need for what it cost me...$10 box.

Texas Bulldog

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    San Antonio, Tx
    well, i don't know what to do.

My car is just cranking and cranking but not starting. Ive called a few buddies to see if they want to come with so we can take their cars but at this point i think im out of luck.

this sucks, i want to shoot my AR...

Anyone near the medical center (babcock/huebner) want to go? i'll throw in some ammo, food and drinks!

JOe

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Dude, I was wondering where you were!

If you'd have posted something half an hour earlier, I'd have been able to get in touch with you, I'm not too far from medical center.

Drop me a PM and I can help you or head over and take a look at it for you. I'm not terribly far from medical center (I think). You're off I10 not far from 410, right?

I just got back and had a blast. Thanks for showing up, everybody! I got to finally shoot something that had a suppressor on it. It was good. I also discovered that my $10 .22 with $5 rings and a $20 scope is capable of hitting golf balls at 100 yards pretty regularly. I was shocked to say the least.

I also managed to hit the steel plates at the rifle range once for every five tries with my AK using iron sights. Those steels are hard as hell to see!

Overall, this is my favorite range so far in San Antonio. A bit more laid back, good facilities and I really was happy with the range staff and shooters I met. Everybody was happy and friendly.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Josephn58333
    Top Bottom