We're still on, but let's double-check the plan.

Discussion in 'Austin Firearms Training Group' started by M. Sage, Oct 3, 2009.

1. M. Sage

M. Sage TGT Addict

Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    For the first meet, we want to go over basic pistolcraft, yes? For the second meet, we can do more advanced tactical stuff, though I can get us doing that by the end of the first meeting.

Let me know in this thread, share your opinion. If you've taken any pistol classes or had any training, let me know, and let me know if you'd be willing to help out.

Thanks in advance!

2. biglucky

biglucky Well-Known TGT Supporter

Feb 3, 2009
    Dripping Springs, TX
    When do you plan these meets? I haven't had much formal training but have a few years of competitive shooting experience.

3. gladi8r

gladi8r Active Member

Jun 5, 2008
    Troy Tx
    I was tad as a firearms instructor in the marinecorps and currently hold a sharpshooter classification in Idpa I know thats not alot but I can help and also be willing to participate.

4. usmcpmi

usmcpmi Active Member

Mar 15, 2009
    Central Texas
    M.Sage, 3 years PMI duty TFO Camp Pendleton. 3 years Marine Corps Shooting team, 2 as a shooter/1 as the team coach. Both pistol and rifle. (Also M-203, M-60, HM-2, M-47 Dragon but I don't think we will see any of those on a range around here...:rofl:) MG

5. gladi8r

gladi8r Active Member

Jun 5, 2008
    Troy Tx
    What years were you a pmi i was in boot in 97

6. usmcpmi

usmcpmi Active Member

Mar 15, 2009
    Central Texas
    gladi8r, '85,'86,'87. Didn't work with recruits.... Training Facilities, Camp Pendleton. Then was attached to 1/7 and 3/7 to get the Bn. qualified before they went on float.
    Semper Fi.
    MG

7. gladi8r

gladi8r Active Member

Jun 5, 2008
    Troy Tx
    Well thankyou for your service I was tad as a block on the pistol and rifle range at pendleton also floated with 1/5 and 2/5 deployed with 2/5 I was with 2/11 echo btry as a fo

8. usmcpmi

usmcpmi Active Member

Mar 15, 2009
    Central Texas
    Very cool... One of my old COs' was with Arty... Capt. P.C. Burnett. One of the finest Marines you will ever meet. BTW--- I was the A-hole in the Tower!!! "Is the line ready?? Ready on the right..." MG

9. gladi8r

gladi8r Active Member

Jun 5, 2008
    Troy Tx
    Ready on the left targets get those targets high in the sky LOL I hated that guy

10. M. Sage

M. Sage TGT Addict

Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    I'll have jobs for both of you. We'll have to meet up sometime soon and get some planning done.

I'm in Houston this weekend, but next weekend would work out alright.