Gun Zone Deals

Western Movie with the best Gun fight scene.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Western with best gunfight scene

• The Good the Bad THE ugly

Votes: 4 25.0%
    • Once Upon a Time in the West

Votes: 1 6.3%
    • No its......

Votes: 11 68.8%

• Total voters

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne

World’s best western right there. And I don’t mean the hotel, either.

The True Grit remake was very good.

ETA - the original was also excellent and I love the Duke as much as the next guy. But it's a rare remake that possibly eclipses the original. And I was just floored by the casting, the soundtrack...all of it. Bridges rocked the role of Rooster.

I’ve never seen the remake. Have to put it on the list to watch.

ETA: momma say’s we’ve seen the remake a couple of times.
    Hurley's Gold

hornetguy

TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 21, 2021
    Allen, Texas
    for what I imagine to be realistic, I'd have to go with the aforementioned Open Range, and Tombstone, with Unforgiven along with them.
    Many movies have "entertaining" gunfight scenes, but for realism, I have to go with those.

msharley

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2021
    Central Pennsylvania
    giphy.gif

striker55

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2021
    Katy
    The Long Riders, movie with several real brothers in the cast.

Steve In Texas

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2023
    Austin, Texas
    Unless you are the Coen brothers and you want to make it better than the original.
    (The Coen version was a bit closer to the book as well.)
    Nope. Just no.
    I very much wanted to agree with your sentiment oladag! Until I watch True Grit (2010). It honored the original for what it was and made a great wholey separate masterpiece. Both movies are genius of their time and setting.

I very reluctantly watched the Coen's remake as I did not want to believe the original needed a remake. I was wrong at TG(2010) and it was truly remarkable--and not really a remake, The characters have similar backgrounds, but the paths they take learn, grow, and survive within are entirely different. The book from which the John Wayne version was adapted was much much darker. But that Original screenplay was incredible, fun, and very much a Western Classic. True Grit (1969) was in many ways the capstone of the idealized western film. You can make the case it was at or near the top and that Rooster Cogburn was the top of the era. Some days I believe JB Books in The Shootist may have been better and that ended with a gunfight.

The Coen Brothers took the fact that that original screenplay and original book were very different and made that into about the most perfect remake (OF THE BOOK) there has ever been. Jeff Bridges captured how our interpretations of the fictionalized old west from the movies has changed in 31 years. If The Wild Bunch (1969) captured that change as a contemporary, True Grit (2010) showed us difference between perception and reality perfectly with time to learn in the middle. I am glad to do not have to live in a static world.

Both movies are amazing. I cannot pick between them as they both bring a great story alive and both make me want to believe their hero is the right person for the dirty job and both deliver.

Last edited:

Charley

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    San Antonio
    Prefer the Mad version, Botch Casually and the Some Dunce Kid, better than the movie.

Open Range is pretty good, except for the scene where Costner fans his revolver, and gets about 8 or 9 rounds from a sixgun. Poor editing.

The Shootist is a great film, the gunfight at the ends is pretty good.

Spelled it wrong.https://william-flew.com/mad/botch.html

1675650097133.png

Last edited:
    Top Bottom