• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Amistad

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2008
    San Antone
    I took the class there and got my CHL about two years ago. It was a small class of about a dozen of us, if I remember correctly. Everything about the training and shooting went well. However, there were a couple of negative things about the experience. First, when it came to the forms that the instructor fills out and gives you to mail in upon completion of the class, it turned out that he didn't have enough of them. So even though I passed the written test at the end of the classroom instruction, and shot a score of 249 out of 250, I had to wait several weeks for him to receive the forms from the state, before I could submit my application. To his credit, he did later send me a check for $25 as a reduction of the class fee for me having to wait so long for the required forms.

Secondly, the instructor told us that he had lots of ties with gun distributors and that he could likely save us some considerable bucks on the purchase of a new gun. I called him some time later regarding a gun that I was interested in buying, gave him the pertinent info, and never heard a word back from him. I bought the gun elsewhere. Some months later, I was interested in another gun. Knowing that anyone can "mess up", I decided to give him another try. Same thing. He took the info about the gun. I heard nothing further from him. Maybe my experience with him was an aberration, I don't know. But knowing what I know now, I'll be going elsewhere when it comes time to renew my CHL...

Amistad

Top Bottom