What 1 thing IYO Changed America?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by MadMo44Mag, Nov 9, 2009.

1. MadMo44Mag

MadMo44Mag TGT Addict

Jan 23, 2009
    Ft.Worth
    In your opinion what 1 single issue or law had the greatest impact of the political scene that lead us to where we are today?
    I know it took more than one issue but IYO what was the “Spark” that ignited the fire.
    Everyone be civil!
    Opinions will vary and one opinion my change your perception so be nice and keep you mind open

2. BigShooter11x14

BigShooter11x14 Member

May 18, 2009
    S/W Tarrant County
    Maybe not the one single issue, but the failure of the Republican Party to hold to the Conservative principles they were sent to Washington, by the voters, to uphold. They had a golden opportunity to clean up a lot of mess, but instead they were sucked in by the business-as-usual allure of money and power and were voted out, and replaced by this quandary of crap we have now, by frustrated voters looking for so called “change.” I also think that GW could have done a better job in the 8 years he was in office. All in all, I see gross disregard for the will of the people. :texas:

3. MadMo44Mag

MadMo44Mag TGT Addict

Jan 23, 2009
    Ft.Worth
    There is the 1st reason.

Please each poster copy and quote each previous poster - at the end we will have a list.

4. thorkyl

thorkyl Active Member

Oct 13, 2008
    Brazoria County
    political correctness

"My right to offend you is more important than your right to not be offended, and if I offend you, tough sh#$" - Me

5. megafatcat

megafatcat New Member

May 22, 2009
    Legalized abortoin.

6. Harley Rider 55

Harley Rider 55 Active Member

Nov 9, 2009
    Republic of Texas
    Taking prayer out of the public schools

7. Texas42

Texas42 TGT Addict

Nov 21, 2008
    Temple
    Public schools indoctrinating people that it is OK for the different parts of the government, particularly the federal parts, to use powers not given them by the people for "the public good." Basically, we forgot to limit the powers of the Governments that we have.

8. DCortez

DCortez TGT Addict

Jan 28, 2009
    Houston, Cy-Fair

Divorce

9. TrailDust

TrailDust TGT Addict

Oct 29, 2009
    Kalifornication
    IMO, there is no one, single thing that is the cause, because it is the culmination of many political, social, and economic causes. I'd add that people in America have little or no appreciation for how much societal factors are playing a role in our downfall.

10. biglucky

biglucky Well-Known TGT Supporter

Feb 3, 2009
    Dripping Springs, TX
    The New Deal and the passing of the Social Security act started us down the slippery slope to where we are today...

The Community Reinvestment Act nearly destroyed our financial system...

I would have to say that it is Political Correctness and Liberalism that are the driving factors in the decline of western Society...