• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • EZ-E

King Turd of Shit Mountain
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2017
    Middle of no where
    I sold my 1911 last year, & recently got the wife a Colt Commander in 9mm. That got me wanting another 1911, but i want double stack mag capacity.
    For price ive been checking out the RIA 22TCM/9MM Tac Ultra MS HC.

Now for quality maybe an STI Staccato or a Dan Wesson. I cant be having the wife out do me, so a new 2011 will be my new weapon to acquire.

What yall shooting for a 2011 frame?
    Hurley's Gold

TheMailMan

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 3, 2015
    North of Kaufman
    Nothing. I'd like one but there's not a lot available.

The RIA, if ya can find one, the straight to an STI. Nothing inbetween. Remington killed all their double stacks.

I went with a XDM .45 Competition and a Canik TP9SFX. Both have trigger kits in them. The Canik has the best out of the box trigger I've ever seen on a polymer pistol. A couple of springs and a Freedomsmith trigger gets it damn close to a 1911 trigger.

I put a Powder River Extreme trigger in the XDM. It's also a damn good trigger.

nitzer

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 12, 2010
    Austin
    Personally I would go with an STI looking for a double stack, but they aren't cheap. Their frame just feels so nice in the hand and they are based in TX. I owned an M5 Bul double stack years ago and it felt like a brick in my hand. Double stacks like the Paras and RIAs just don't look ergonomic and have the same "brick" looking grip. The Bul actually had a poly frame so it was slightly thinner than the Paras and RIA double stacks. I actually like the looks of the new DW DWX. One thing I have never really liked is the feel of the single stack 1911 frame. The DWX is like a 1911 with a CZ grip. I love my CZs...

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    Have you considered the new Dan Wesson DMX?

It’s a not totally a 1911, but neither is a 2011

https://danwessonfirearms.com/product/dwx/

857d4492bb1c9f4b78ae8cf0e4127db2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Attachments

• 857d4492bb1c9f4b78ae8cf0e4127db2.jpg
      857d4492bb1c9f4b78ae8cf0e4127db2.jpg
      15.9 KB · Views: 380

EZ-E

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2017
    Middle of no where
    Personally I would go with an STI looking for a double stack, but they aren't cheap. Their frame just feels so nice in the hand and they are based in TX. I owned an M5 Bul double stack years ago and it felt like a brick in my hand. Double stacks like the Paras and RIAs just don't look ergonomic and have the same "brick" looking grip. The Bul actually had a poly frame so it was slightly thinner than the Paras and RIA double stacks. I actually like the looks of the new DW DWX. One thing I have never really liked is the feel of the single stack 1911 frame. The DWX is like a 1911 with a CZ grip. I love my CZs...

Im a CZ fan also.
    Ill have to check one out in person.
    Thanks for the suggestion.

nitzer

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 12, 2010
    Austin
    I don't think it's out yet either. I was looking at more info and they say it uses CZ grips and mags, but has a 1911 trigger that you can drop regular 1911 parts into. I have plenty of CZ mags. That means you could have your favorite 1911 trigger in a CZ package and not have to buy additional mags. Downside...$1700 price tag when released.

Pops1955

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    I sold my 1911 last year, & recently got the wife a Colt Commander in 9mm. That got me wanting another 1911, but i want double stack mag capacity.
    For price ive been checking out the RIA 22TCM/9MM Tac Ultra MS HC.

Now for quality maybe an STI Staccato or a Dan Wesson. I cant be having the wife out do me, so a new 2011 will be my new weapon to acquire.

What yall shooting for a 2011 frame?

My wish list has the one and only STI Staccato on it. I have a friend who got one and it is AWESOME !!!!!
    Smooth and easy as butter, easy rack, steady shoot, dead on accurate. One warning: Every woman that shoot them wants them. I shot the Staccato c. Easy to carry and conceal. My wife loved it because of how easy it was to rack. PLUS it is Texas born and bred.

EZ-E

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2017
    Middle of no where
    My wish list has the one and only STI Staccato on it. I have a friend who got one and it is AWESOME !!!!!
    Smooth and easy as butter, easy rack, steady shoot, dead on accurate. One warning: Every woman that shoot them wants them. I shot the Staccato c. Easy to carry and conceal. My wife loved it because of how easy it was to rack.

Ill make sure not to let her shoot it, That STI is becoming more attractive

Tex929rr

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 11, 2015
    Welfare, TX
    Smooth and easy as butter, easy rack, steady shoot, dead on accurate. One warning: Every woman that shoot them wants them. I shot the Staccato c. Easy to carry and conceal. My wife loved it because of how easy it was to rack. PLUS it is Texas born and bred.
    Definitely have my eye on one. I’ll probably have the same issue with the Mrs. Oh, well. Two wouldn’t hurt my feelings either.

cajunautoxer

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 8, 2008
    Houston
    Look at Hayes Customs if your interested in RIA. They'll get it running top notch. Cant go wrong with STI either

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

TexMex247

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    Leander(NW Austin)
    Closest I come is running rounds thru my STI GP6 and more recently a grandpower xcalibur. No longer an STI product but arguably the best thing they ever imported and put their name on.

Dred

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 12, 2012
    Houston, TX
    I run rounds through a couple A2 framed (RIA for double stack in the Para pattern) RIA 1911s. Works great and feels good in hand.

I lust after a 2011 by STI or SVI. This is a different frame from the Para and takes different mags. First note: mags cost more for 2011.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Top Bottom