• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dave68

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 4, 2014
    NW Houston
    I use Hornady Critical Defense. Hornady’s XTP style bullets have cycled more reliably than other hollow points in a variety of semi autos I’ve had.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

AKM

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Around
    Well thanks everyone, I settled on trying Federal 90gr Hydra-shoks after looking at reviews and talking to folks. I'll have to get out and make sure they function, but lots of reviews were posted 5 stars with a 42.

Off topic but I also picked up a blade tech nano holster to try out, carrying a pistol this small IWB feels real odd. It's almost feels like the holsters going to flip out, but I'm sure I'll get used to it.
    It's a big difference from a G19 with a Taran Tactical extension(if you've ever seen me I could conceal a desert eagle probably haha).

Never had any blade techs but the reviews were good and it was local with a 60 day return, so we shall see.

Last edited:
    Reactions: MTA

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    Well thanks everyone, I settled on trying Federal 90gr Hydra-shoks after looking at reviews and talking to folks. I'll have to get out and make sure they function, but lots of reviews were posted 5 stars with a 42.

Also got a blade tech holster to try out carrying a pistol this small IWB feels real odd. It's almost feels like the holsters going to flip out, but I'm sure I'll get used to it.

Never had any blade techs but the reviews were good and it was local with a 60 day return.

You shouldnt have any issues with he hydra shoks. I have 100 rounds of those put through mine and they are my go to ammo for my 42.

As far as holsters go, I have a pocket holster(Desantis Nemesis) for my vest and I also have a Desantis Pro Stealth IWB. Both very good and comfortable choices. I have only heard good things about blade tech so let us know how it works out for you

AKM

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Around
    You shouldnt have any issues with he hydra shoks. I have 100 rounds of those put through mine and they are my go to ammo for my 42.

As far as holsters go, I have a pocket holster(Desantis Nemesis) for my vest and I also have a Desantis Pro Stealth IWB. Both very good and comfortable choices. I have only heard good things about blade tech so let us know how it works out for you

Will do, Im used to the larger Comp-tac hybrid holsters so something this small is way different, but come august I'll probably love it. How ever I really like how large the Blade Tech sweat guard is.

I'll also be ordering Taran or Hyve +2 base plates tonight.

BillFairbanks

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2017
    Johnson County, TX
    I like the Sticky Poket Holster I bought for my bodyguard.

However, I took it to the range again today and my fat thumb keeps hitting the dang mag release. I’ve got to figure out how to stop doing that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Thaskinny1
    Top Bottom