• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • berto40

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Houston
    Houston's Finest making headlines again! I wonder if they are going to press some kind of terror charge or something? Cause if the everyday prankster tried doing this...they'd all have their panties in a wad trying to get you for terroristic activities or something along those lines.

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    Any organization the size of HPD has to have a few morons in it. It's a little surprising that it was an older guy - It wouldn't be quite so surprising if a rookie did something stupid.

Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    "I can't think that we could punish him any more than HPD can, but how stupid can an individual be," DeMarco said. "If it was John Q. Public, we would arrest then press the full charges that the law would allow."
    ^^ from OP's article

Really?

why not charge him anyway? because he wears a badge a few days a week?
    lately it seems that LEOs are not subject to the laws of the land, and are only "punished" through agency policy.

suspended with pay?
    if i did this, i would be missing a hell of a lot of work - IN JAIL - without pay.

i am not hating on cops, so dont take me down that road - i just think if all men are equal, they should be treated as such.

I sincerely hope there is more to this story and there was a reason for this. but somehow i doubt it.

jtriron

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2010
    HoustonTexas
    The Houston Rodeo cook-off is a huge party and there is a LOT of alcohol is consumed before and during the event. However this does not warrant tossing a T gas pop into another participants tent. Sadly since this was done by an off duty HPD officer we will never hear another word about this in the news.
    And BTW I don't hate the HPD... Just stupid judgement.

MR Redneck

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    The great country of West Texas
    Any organization the size of HPD has to have a few morons in it. It's a little surprising that it was an older guy - It wouldn't be quite so surprising if a rookie did something stupid.
    Kinda what I think. Bet they have a "bunch" of people on their force. A guy that has been on it since 1980 should know better, I would think.
    Suspended with pay is kinda like a reward for stupidity if you ask me. WTF?

Top Bottom