• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Antares

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2015
    Seabrook, TX
    I was watching Fox News and they had a biden commercial with an injured warrior saying that biden ended the longest war, with the biggest airlift ever and he said I salute and stand with our president with a pic of biden. I wonder how much they had to pay this veteran, and what the hell kind of Kool aid he was drinking. I bet before long this commercial is going to be on everything.
    Military Camp

popper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2013
    Lots of injured warriors that don't like being injured and their attitude shows it. Same as when the guys came back from Nam.

skfullgun

Dances With Snakes
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 14, 2017
    In the woods...
    I agree with @Axxe55 . I had a job, but it came with limits.
    I progressed fairly rapidly in my career field. And when I reached a high enough level that I only answered to one person in an 8,500 employee workforce, I walked into my boss's office and told him I was retiring. I was told he would not accept my resignation nor my retirement.

I said, "I have reached the limit and if I stay I will be telling people what I really think. It's gone too far.". I retired.

FWIW, I did my PhD dissertation on management approaches in the same field of work, in a successful enterprise, over the course of 45 years. The basic question involved looking at 5 consecutive CEO's, all of whom we're viewed as highly successful over the course of 45 years in the same organization, and asking the question of whether or not they would have been successful if they had served during different time periods. They would not have. Things change.
    I had the unique opportunity to interview every one of them, the oldest one being 90 plus years old at the time. Each of them had a singular event that caused them to decide they had run their course and were ready for retirement.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    You had a job you worked for money you had a price
    That's not the same thing. Selling out and being a traitor is much different.
    I agree with @Axxe55 . I had a job, but it came with limits.
    I progressed fairly rapidly in my career field. And when I reached a high enough level that I only answered to one person in an 8,500 employee workforce, I walked into my boss's office and told him I was retiring. I was told he would not accept my resignation nor my retirement.

I said, "I have reached the limit and if I stay I will be telling people what I really think. It's gone too far.". I retired.

FWIW, I did my PhD dissertation on management approaches in the same field of work, in a successful enterprise, over the course of 45 years. The basic question involved looking at 5 consecutive CEO's, all of whom we're viewed as highly successful over the course of 45 years in the same organization, and asking the question of whether or not they would have been successful if they had served during different time periods. They would not have. Things change.
    I had the unique opportunity to interview every one of them, the oldest one being 90 plus years old at the time. Each of them had a singular event that caused them to decide they had run their course and were ready for retirement.
    Yes, I had my limits. I wouldn't, and won't do anything illegal, immoral, or unethical for any amount of money.

I have known several if not many people that would do just about anything for the right amount of money, if they knew they could get away with it without getting caught.

My self-respect and dignity have no price. It's not for sale. Never has been, and never will be. Some things in life are more important than money, and you can't put a price tag on them.

In some ways, this might be one of the reasons our country has gone downhill for several decades. People selling out for the highest dollar amount they can get.

jmohme

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2015
    As much as I respect those that served in the military, there are still idiots among them that are hard core democrat that will blindly support anyone with a D behind their name.
    It is sad, but it is just the way it is.

IXLR8

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    Republic of Texas
    Need more info before I say something I may regret. If there are any shenanigans in their message I may disagree with, I may be very vocal.
    So much disinformation these days.

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    I "got retired" for telling the truth. Over the years, I've noticed that most corporate execs don't want to see or hear anything that goes contrary to what they think things should be. In effect, they don't like their rose colored glasses to be broken. The new production line is going to be a gigantic success, and anyone who points out that it's a toxic mess that was poorly designed and constructed, and, by the way, you can't give away the product, will be viewed as a troublemaker. The product isn't toxic, but the chemicals that make it are and the product breaks down into those toxic chemicals. "That's not your problem. We're sending it to another country where they don't have the same safety standards as us."

I wonder if they could have paid me enough to make me lie? No. I'm just not wired that way.

Antares

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2015
    Seabrook, TX
    No I searched the internet for the commercial but could not find it I wonder if they released it anyplace else. I wish someone else saw it too so you don't think I imagined it. He could have just been pissed that he lost his legs, and happy the war is over , and a democrat.

DougC

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2021
    Texas
    Years ago I attend a Lt Dan Band concert in Southlake, TX. Gary and the band had to struggle to perform as severe thunderstorm knocked out the power at the church. We had to wait some time then they came out and started without the best sound. Kudos for sticking with the program.

Top Bottom