• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    That thing looks pretty awesome for the price. There's an external battery pack further down the page if you don't like the AA's. Of course it all depends on the image quality. I'd love to look through one.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I have the gen 1. Can get about 125 yards out of it with no moon, 200 with a bright full moon.

Image quality degrades quickly using the digital zoom feature but they work pretty well for the price.

I'll see if I can upload a video pulled from it.

There are a few tricks to improve performance. Overall I'm pretty happy, I think the Gen 2 offers a few nice options like multiple zeros. Would come in handy going between subs and supers with 300BO.

Biggest downside is weight. It's like bolting a large brick on top of the rifle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Daytime, squirrel at about 25 yards (yep, was a little shaky)

Spoiler: squirrel dies.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    This was done at night. The cows are 100-125 yards, horse is around 150, trees behind horse are about 215 yards. You'll notice that anytime you hit something close with the IR whatever is behind it goes black. This can cause some issues if you have the ground in the picture up close, it will balance by adjusting to the brightest area and you lose whats behind it. You'll also notice a lot of blur with movement, it's cause by having the sensitivity turned to high. At medium its really reduced and almost non existent on the low sensitivity setting. An upgraded light and running low sensitivity would really improve the quality.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I'm using the one that came with it, pretty cheap.

It wouldn't really be functional without an illumination unless there was some other external light source. Moonlight (bright full moon) extends the range but wouldn't really be enough on its own.

Lots of guys are ordering high powered IR lights off banggood and similar sites and having good results. I think a spot beam would be the best option.

An IR feeder light would work really well also.

TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    That thing looks pretty awesome for the price. There's an external battery pack further down the page if you don't like the AA's. Of course it all depends on the image quality. I'd love to look through one.

Me too! I would love to find a place that had a demo to play with before buying it. As for the battery packs we ge them from China for $13 bucks for a 15k Mah. I like the fact that they have that option but still not a fan of the AA battery design. Would rather have a lighter weight more powerful LI rechargeable battery pack.

TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    I have the gen 1. Can get about 125 yards out of it with no moon, 200 with a bright full moon.

Image quality degrades quickly using the digital zoom feature but they work pretty well for the price.

I'll see if I can upload a video pulled from it.

There are a few tricks to improve performance. Overall I'm pretty happy, I think the Gen 2 offers a few nice options like multiple zeros. Would come in handy going between subs and supers with 300BO.

Biggest downside is weight. It's like bolting a large brick on top of the rifle.

Yep. That's a big concern having that much weight lugging around on top of a rifle. Not sure what others weigh?

TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    I'm using the one that came with it, pretty cheap.

It wouldn't really be functional without an illumination unless there was some other external light source. Moonlight (bright full moon) extends the range but wouldn't really be enough on its own.

Lots of guys are ordering high powered IR lights off banggood and similar sites and having good results. I think a spot beam would be the best option.

An IR feeder light would work really well also.

How much battery do the IR lights need to run for say 6 hours? Just a garden variety.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I need to save up for that.

The factory light isn't really a battery eater, but it's also relatively low power. I've not tested it but with casual use I haven't had to bother with the battery. Probably 4 or 5 hours total use.

Battery was installed when I got it. Not sure how much previous use it had.

STXdevilsquid

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Live Oak
    https://vimeo.com/200724205

I like mine a lot, I wouldn't use it on an important hunt, it has left me cussing a couple times on culls and hogs. It's grate with the kids though because you can watch what they are seeing on the iPad. Great source is their Facebook page, lots of good stuff.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I only wish it had a good mil dot reticle that adjusted with zoom like s FFP.

Maybe in a future update.

TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    https://vimeo.com/200724205

I like mine a lot, I wouldn't use it on an important hunt, it has left me cussing a couple times on culls and hogs. It's grate with the kids though because you can watch what they are seeing on the iPad. Great source is their Facebook page, lots of good stuff.

Oh and dusk is bad, was too bright for night mode, too dark for day, missed a big pack of hogs.

I only wish it had a good mil dot reticle that adjusted with zoom like s FFP.

Maybe in a future update.

Thanks fellas. This is exactly what i was looking for. I don't buy scopes on a regular basis so this is new tech to me although I know its been out for some time. I am an old school hunter with just a couple Leupolds and a SS 10x power with a Mildot on my AR-10. I've never shot a rifle with a battery powered optic other than trying out a red dot that I bought a few years ago that turned out to be a toy.

I think I'll hold off on this until the tech improves at this price point. I'm not a customer for the $2k to $8k optics.

HKShooter65

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mandatory:
    http://shop.opticsplanet.com/atn-ir...plusbox-beta&gclid=CNnJ0JCh3tECFdQ6gQodCXcDrg

The ATN infrared illuminator that comes with the X-Sight is semi-worthless.

In the back yard at 40 feet it's fun looking at a cat.
    In the field a 100 yards looking for coyotes or pigs it's just insufficient.
    Spent the $150 for the solid and functional ATN illuminator that really works.

For a good bit more money buy the little $600 FLIR Scout thermal monocular to "scout" quite easily seeing a small animal in utter darkness and then view them with the good infrared flashlight mounted to the X-Sight.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I got a new light for my X-Sight Gen 1 yesterday. Only played with it a little and the rain was having a negative effect, but it made an unbelievable difference.

The new light is a Wicked A48 IR. It has and adjustable focus but opening it up in the rain killed the image due to the reflection. You can see it on the left side of the screen where the beam in in the vid.

The tree directly behind the fence post is 185 yards. The trees just to the left is 250. Make sure the quality is set to 720p or better.

Need to rotate the light 45*.

Not super happy with the mount. Nut on the windage adjustment stripped out. Calling today to see if they stand behind their product and will update after I talk to them.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom