DK Firearms

What Actually Defines an Assault Rifle, and Who Invented Them?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SQLGeek

Muh state lines
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Richmond
    Assault rifle is a real term, invented by the Germans with their Sturmgewer during WWII. It’s a select fire automatic rifle chambered in an intermediate cartridge.

Assault weapon is a make believe political term to define certain guns with mostly cosmetic features.

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    1636499824307.png

A salt rifle?

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Channel is interesting. Guy has about 10 different ones. Add reads are usually right at 2 minutes and pretty easy to skip right to the end. I watch him fairly often but if your thin skinned he’ll piss you off.

As far as the vid, it’s not anything anyone here wouldn’t already know. I watched it the other day to see if he’d get it right and was pleasantly surprised. He even points out the stupidity of treating an AR-15 like a death machine while the Mini 14 is just a regular old sporting rifle.

Honestly, videos like that from popular YT channels are how culture wars are won. Although I’d bet a months pay he doesn’t give a shit about the issues facing the US. Regardless, his quest for clicks benefits us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SQLGeek

Muh state lines
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Richmond
    He even points out the stupidity of treating an AR-15 like a death machine while the Mini 14 is just a regular old sporting rifle.

I suspect this messaging has been resonating with the grabbers because I’m seeing the narrative shift from “assault weapons” to banning all semi-automatic rifles the last several years.

Top Bottom