What are good vintage 60-80’s scopes?

2ManyGuns

Revolver's, get one, shoot the snot out of it!
Lifetime Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jan 31, 2010
Somewhere in Texas!
I just put a K-4 on my Ruger M77 RSI International Mannlicher in 7x57, this was on one of my fathers' rifles many years ago. Once I get an adapter base or taller rings I plan to switch to something a bit more modern. But it does fit the rifle and looks good, dings and all!

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Mar 19, 2010
Austin, Texas
I have a Bushnell from the 60s with the dual reticles. 3-9x I think and you twist a second ring, near the zoom and a thick center post pops up as the lower leg of the crosshair for quick shots.

Its really pretty cool and I'll post up a photo later.

Sent from your mom's house using Tapatalk

leVieux

Old Guy "Have Gun; Won't Travel !"
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mar 28, 2013
Saint Martinville, LA
I bought a Redfield "WideField" 3x-9x back in 1972 and loved it. It worked for years. Much later, when it leaked a bit of Nitrogen, a Friend took it off to send-back for repair. Somehow Friend lost it, I then went to Leupolds, and have been fairly happy. But, if buying a Leupold, buy a large objective lens model. The compacts are fine until the light decreases around late afternoon. Then they are useless. The larger objective lens Leupolds work well in any light level. I still want a Zeiss fixed 2.5 !
leVieux

pronstar

TGT Addict
TGT Supporter
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Jul 2, 2017
Dallas
Leupold. Redfield. Weaver.

Leupold owned/built Redfield scopes up until very recently.

I’ve got a Redfield 3-9 on a 22LR, glass is pretty awesome consider it’s a $150 scope

The brand was sold to Academy

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Top Bottom