Hurley's Gold

What are seed oils and why they shouldn't be in your diet.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    Seed oils are oils that are highly processed oils from various plants

Canola (there is no such thing as a Canola plant) this oil comes from the rapeseed plant..a close relative of the mustard plant.

Corn, soybean, sunflower and other oils are absolutely toxic to your body and cause inflammation, disruption at the cellular level ..in the mitochondria..the little energy factories in your cell.

Many of these are put through the nasty process or hydrogenation. Which makes them highly oxidative.

Oxidation in your body can most definitely lead to cancer and other diseases.

Seed oils should be replaced with better options like olive oil , avocado and butter, not margerine..along with lard and tallow

When Americans used these for cooking , heart disease was very uncommon

The consumption of seed oils correlates to higher rates of obesity, heart disease and other metabolic disorders

I will post a could links to good videos if you can to learn more
    DK Firearms

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    These are only a few of the many doctors and researchers out there who are warning of the dangers of seed oils

It should be no surprise that us corporations sold us out to the agriculture industry buy pushing seed oils as "healthy"

The history of how a left over by product of the cotton industry became an American staple used for cooking , in almost every home by the 1930s should tip you off that they only care about making money

Yeah Crisco..Proctor & Gamble paid off the publishers of popular cook books in the early 1900s to replace butter with their highly processed, oxidative cottonseed oil..

Last edited:

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    We keep 3 things on the counter. Avocado oil for high heat, olive oil and butter. Unsalted.

We keep a jug of peanut oil for the rare times we want homemade chicken parm, CFC or tenders. Not sure where peanut oil stands.....

Not as bad because it normally isn't hydrogenated /over processes and as long as it's once in a while..its a way better option

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    My wife was on to this for over 20 years. We’ve used olive oil for a very long time. Avacado oil is a fairly recent addition. It seems I’ve only been seeing it in the stores for 5-7 years.

wakosama

Collapse now - Avoid the rush
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2022
    Spring
    So we grind the seeds to make our bread instead. OK, then how healthy is it if I use that pour off chicken fat to grease my pans; since real Butter is now $6+/lb. just asking.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    What's the consensus on butter-flavored lard? Do the additives that change the flavor have any deleterious impact on health?

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    First, why is this on a gun forum?

Second, f*** all of this "toxic" s**t. Life is fatal. You're not gonna live forever. Eat bacon. Eat tacos. Be a happy person up to the point you become worm food.
    While that is quite true, some of us need to make changes in our diets to live a healthy life for as long as we are granted. Ain't no need rushing the inevitable before it's time. Heart disease, diabetes and strokes are real health dangers for some of us.

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    Seed oils are oils that are highly processed oils from various plants

Canola (there is no such thing as a Canola plant) this oil comes from the rapeseed plant..a close relative of the mustard plant.

Corn, soybean, sunflower and other oils are absolutely toxic to your body and cause inflammation, disruption at the cellular level ..in the mitochondria..the little energy factories in your cell.

Many of these are put through the nasty process or hydrogenation. Which makes them highly oxidative.

Oxidation in your body can most definitely lead to cancer and other diseases.

Seed oils should be replaced with better options like olive oil , avocado and butter, not margerine..along with lard and tallow

When Americans used these for cooking , heart disease was very uncommon

The consumption of seed oils correlates to higher rates of obesity, heart disease and other metabolic disorders

I will post a could links to good videos if you can to learn more
    I will take your claims with a grain of seed.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW

Second, f*** all of this "toxic" s**t. Life is fatal. You're not gonna live forever. Eat bacon. Eat tacos. Be a happy person up to the point you become worm food.

My dad ate food cooked with lard or bacon grease most of his life until his heart exploded at age 44. He survived but was never the same. Triple bypass at 59.

I have made it a point to NOT set myself up for a life ending heart attack at age 44 (first one) or 69 (third and final one). A big part of that is eating healthy. Though I'm sure smoking also contributed.

My personal take on lard is that I watched those I love most (who cooked with lard) die in bad ways and suffer until they did.

I think when our society worked hard physically, it maybe wasn't a big deal. But our lifestyles don't involve working 8-12 hour days performing manual labor anymore.

So thanks to my wife, I learned to eat healthy and have continued to do so for almost 40 years. I weigh around 3/4 of the weight of family members, though I am a little pudgy. But my numbers are good, and I have only BP meds to take. Last doctor appointment she told me to try to lose 10 lbs, but whatever you are doing, keep doing it.

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    I like the way Texasjack thinks...of course, I'm of the same philosophy...don't tell me what I can eat, consume - my body my choice...now stfu with your food missionary bs.

I'm gonna go get some crisco and spread it on my poppy seed covered avocado toast...so there!

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas

Why are any off topics on here? Cause it's designed to offend you.

We had a meeting this morning with the illuminati on how to post a topic you didn't like.

Top Bottom