Venture Surplus ad

What are the benefits of being an NRA member?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    With all the talk about the NRA, what has the TSRA done for you lately?

We seem to have gotten everything backwards -- used to be we looked to local and State organizations first.

Now, we want to know what National organizations and government can do for us.

The way I see it, take care of yourself and your family first.

Be well.

busykngt

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney
    With all the talk about the NRA, what has the TSRA done for you lately?

They single-handedly got Open Carry passed. Don't believe me?....just ask them!

I shouldn't be so negative about them - especially since I just re-up'd my membership with them for another three years. But I do think they need some fresh blood in their lobbying efforts.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Can you grandfather me in to a Golden or any other level or do I just have to wait till they get to me?
    There's no grandfathering or waiting. You just call the membership number and tell them you want to become a Golden Eagle. They can't help you but they'll give you the number of the separate group that does (higher quality) customer service for Golden Eagles. Then it's just a matter of giving those guys your credit card numbers.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    I'll assume it's like one of the letters I got from him asking me for more money, but without the handshake promise lol
    Exactly. And by that I mean exactly, as in the handshake thing is in the postscript; most of the letter is just asking for money, just like nearly all letters from the NRA.

Last edited:

Jakashh

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land
    If I were you I'd take advantage of that handshake offer lol. I'd probably stalk him and make sure he's shaken my hand at least 50 times and knows me on a first name basis before either of us croaks

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    They also do a lot as far as programs for kids and shooting safety as well.

You don't join something like the NRA/TSRA/GOA/2AF/NAGR/etc because of the benefits. They aren't a private range. You join because you think they have a valuable mission and want to support it financially.

I dont contribute to the local foodbank or school fundraisers and ask what's in it for me. That's not really the point. Frankly I'd rather them use 100% of my funds to support their work and keep the cheap trinkets and benefits.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2015
    They also do a lot as far as programs for kids and shooting safety as well.

You don't join something like the NRA/TSRA/GOA/2AF/NAGR/etc because of the benefits. They aren't a private range. You join because you think they have a valuable mission and want to support it financially.

I dont contribute to the local foodbank or school fundraisers and ask what's in it for me. That's not really the point. Frankly I'd rather them use 100% of my funds to support their work and keep the cheap trinkets and benefits.

Well put, sir.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    Libtard members of Congress single out a bill that looks promising for passage. Then they attach some creepy, anti gun bill to it in hopes that it will pass as a package. NRA was supporting a bill when Liberals did exactly that. NRA withdrew its support and the bill died. Members of Congress do this constantly!

Those bills are deadly boring and there are lots of them. I couldn't go to Washington to read all of that crap but the NRA does it for me! That is the main reason why I am an avid fan of the NRA!

They have made some mistakes but in a treacherous business like politics, mistakes happen.

Been an NRA member except as a young boy, and for a few years when I dropped out of shooting sports. That's almost my entire life!

Incidentally, I use the "stop" features from NRA and I get NO communications, calls, Emails or anything else from them. The "Member services" number is on the back of your membership card.

Both of the gun clubs that I maintain memberships in, require 100% NRA memberships.

Flash

bdee

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2015
    Texas
    Libtard members of Congress single out a bill that looks promising for passage. Then they attach some creepy, anti gun bill to it in hopes that it will pass as a package. NRA was supporting a bill when Liberals did exactly that. NRA withdrew its support and the bill died. Members of Congress do this constantly!

Those bills are deadly boring and there are lots of them. I couldn't go to Washington to read all of that crap but the NRA does it for me! That is the main reason why I am an avid fan of the NRA!

They have made some mistakes but in a treacherous business like politics, mistakes happen.

Been an NRA member except as a young boy, and for a few years when I dropped out of shooting sports. That's almost my entire life!

Incidentally, I use the "stop" features from NRA and I get NO communications, calls, Emails or anything else from them. The "Member services" number is on the back of your membership card.

Both of the gun clubs that I maintain memberships in, require 100% NRA memberships.

Flash
    Don't even amendments to bills have to be voted on? So not sure which bill you're referring to, but I can't think the GOP majority would pass an anti-gun amendment to any bill.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Don't even amendments to bills have to be voted on? So not sure which bill you're referring to, but I can't think the GOP majority would pass an anti-gun amendment to any bill.
    Like the way Reagan wouldn't sign the Mulford Act? Or the Hughes Amendment? I wouldn't put anything past any politician, given circumstances under which they have even the slightest excuse to justify their actions.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.

It happens. Hell, how many times do members miss votes completely?

And if they vote no and the bill gets held up the Rs are being "obstructionists".

If they think they will get points for passing the bill and nobody will notice the amendment it will pass.

Or it will just be another "favor". More of the back room deal making BS that has helped to ruin the gov.

Yeah, I can think of lots of ways they would pass amendments we wouldn't like.

Sent from my HAL 9000

glock221

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2015
    Texa
    I work as a EVC for the NRA. Dawico is right. We fight for your gun rights I can't think of a better place to join.

Top Bottom