APOD Firearms

What are the benefits of being an NRA member?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sam Colt

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Austin
    [h=2]Election Volunteer Coordinator (EVC)[/h]EVCs are NRA members who act as the liaison between NRA members & gun owners in their communities and pro-freedom candidates' campaigns. The main goal of an EVC is to provide these campaigns with dedicated, educated volunteers to assist with phone banks, literature drops, precinct walks, voter registration, Election Day activities, and other campaign volunteer activities. EVCs also work to assist ILA in pursuit of its legislative objectives.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Ah cool. Thanks for being more involved than most. Good luck with getting pro-freedom candidates to the ballot. If anyone can accomplish that, it'll be a giant lobbyist organization like the NRA.

Army 1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Dallas Texas or so
    The NRA isn't perfect but it does act in the overall interest of gun owners. Yes it has made mistakes. But it also has clout with congress and helps out with legal cases and appeals such as the Heller and MacDonald cases, just to name two high profile ones.

The direct benefit to the individual will vary depending on what you want and what you put into your membership (besides money). I have been a life member for most of my life. Trinkets, who cares. They do have some good reference materials on range construction, smithing, all sorts of stuff and training for various things like instructor ratings in rifle, pistol, shotgun, reloading, RSO, etc.

They have firearms insurance available which may not be the cheapest or the best but seems cheaper and better than most I have seen. Do your homework. They offer all sorts of benies that may work for you. Unfortunately most of them have not interest for me but I can see the benefit for those who use those types of products/services.

hellishhorses

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 15, 2013
    Eddy
    They use my membership to fund all the mail I get.

Signed up for the BassPro gift card and magazine — have yet to see a magazine...

Use my money for something other than sending me more mail, NRA. I'm already a member, you don't have to sell me anymore!

SA_Steve

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 1, 2014
    San Antonio, Texas USA
    I'm still mad at them from the time I lived in GA. Already (in 2007) was an OC state where signs carry no weight.

NRA worked hard to screw up the finally successful 2008 law which greatly expanded licensed carry: On public transport, in restaurants that serve alcohol, parking lots at work and other places, public buildings...

Many canceled their NRA, life even, memberships.

AKmik

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 3, 2015
    I am a member because they are the loudest pro 2A voice, and the largest pain in the ass to anti gun politicians. All the specific grievances that folks listed I think are far outweighed by the job they do defending the second amendment.

Also,

Hillary hates them +1 .

M2 Carbine

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2014
    I've been a NRA life member for over 55 years.

Gun owners ask,
    What are the benefits of being an NRA member? Is it worth it to me? What do I get.

Well frankly YOU don't get much. It doesn't work that way.

Here's how it works.
    If fifty years ago and earlier and later, several million people like me hadn't joined and supported the NRA, today YOU and yours would be lucky if you could own and shoot a single shot 22 rifle.
    We the past NRA members are all that prevented our past left wing politicians from stripping us bare of our gun rights.

So, No, you won't get a lot from your NRA membership, unless you think it's important that 50 years from now Americans still have 2nd Amendment rights.

FrankT

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 23, 2014
    Mary Esther FL
    I am a member, all I get is knowing I helped their lobby for the 2nd Amendment and no I don't like their support of Reid or what they did in GA...but we have to have someone covering our backs and they are the biggest in the business...I don't expect anything else.

M2 Carbine

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2014
    Hillary said she will abolish the NRA.'
    I am sad about that, but do hope that plan will lose her lots of votes.

I doubt she will lose any votes because of that. I don't think many gun owners or NRA members were going to vote for her.

FrankT

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 23, 2014
    Mary Esther FL
    Funny even the so called pro 2nd Amendment liberals still vote almost 100% for other liberals and their causes, so they may deviate 1 or 2 votes to get the NRA support like Reid but that is just cover to get the votes.

feltspanky

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2016
    I've been a Life Member for Twenty Five Years. I just received a letter from them. For two hundred bucks I can become an NRA Endowment Member. Due to the current level of gun politics in DC, I'm going to become an Endowment Member. Like someone else said, the NRA is the eight hundred pound gorilla in the room. They are one of the top three most influential lobbyist groups in the USA.

When you talk online with other gun-club members from countries like Australia or Europe. They always mention the NRA and how they have no pro gun organizations with the political clout of the NRA. They always remind Americans to stay vigilant and not give away our second amendment rights to left wing politicians.

If you have an opportunity to visit Northern VA. Plan a day to visit the NRA Headquarters, the NRA gun museum, and shoot in their state of the art gun range. My previous job took me to Northern VA several times a year. One of your NRA benefits is access to those facilities. It made me feel good to see my NRA membership money used to promote firearms enjoyment for our next generation of gun owners.

Last edited:

Nate C

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 30, 2008
    Black Cat Ridge
    Endowment member. Because, despite any shortcomings anyone here might assert, when the NRA speaks up, people in Washington still listen. Because of the NRA's involvement in such fundamentally important matters as District of Columbia v. Heller and McDonald v. Chicago. Because of their support in cultivating and sponsoring shooting sports for this nation's youth.

I also really enjoy the American Rifleman magazine.

I do get a fair amount of correspondence requesting my support from NRA-ILA, but in several decades of membership at Annual, Life and Endowment levels, I can't recall ever receiving a phone call.

Top Bottom