Target Sports

What are the benefits of being an NRA member?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jertex

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2016
    Tarrant County
    I've only been a member for 3 or 4 years and the last time I renewed I went for 5 years even though my company had just RIF'd me. I would have gone ahead & done the lifetime membership then had I been employed.

As others have said, they aren't perfect but they're the best we have & they're a pain in the pitoot for the Obama/Clintons who hate us, quite literally hate us, & want to take our God-given liberties.
    Texas SOT

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    They lobby against anti-gun legislation.

They promote safe gun ownership and instruction.

They host gun events.

They help introduce young people to the delights of shooting and gun owning.

You can join for $10.00 a year.

I'm a member and have been since I was a teenager.

I never get any phone calls from them or suffer any sort of donation requests.

Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    Just renewed for 5 years last month before the price increase.

Imagine, if not for the NRA, we might all be restricted to revolvers and bolt action rifles by now. Imagine all the anti 2A legislation that would just sail right through without the NRA.

yetiking

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 15, 2016
    Sugar Land, Texas
    I like their magazine and I got a cool bag but mostly I just want to make sure I support the right to bear arms. They have cool get togethers and their annual show is AMAZING!! The best gun show I have even been to period!

Army 1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Dallas Texas or so
    You get to support and org that fights for our 2nd A rights and a cool magazine. Also their store sometimes has some cool stuff. You can get gun insurance through them and other bennies like car rental discounts, and a bunch I can't remember.

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    I'm an NRA member and I pay $10.00 for an annual membership. This amount is what you can spend to be a member without the magazines, but provides insurance at no further cost if your guns are stolen, but right off the top of my head I don't recall how much coverage it provides, but any amount is good for a $10.00 membership cost.

I'm never bothered with multiple phone calls or junk mail.

I have a great deal of difficulty believing the NRA calls people over and over...I think some just hate the NRA for their own personal reasons so they slander the NRA.

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    I've let my membership lapse without being hounded to renew.

Something tells me we've got a whole slew of bogus complainers..

Reinz

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 5, 2014
    East TX
    Life member here as well!

NRA has faults, but what organization doesn't?

They do the best job at preserving our national rights. Just look how the liberals always bash the NRA. They must be doing something right.

State -wise, TSRA all the way!

Jack Ryan

Mr. Medium
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2016
    Eseldorf
    I have been thinking lately on becoming a member of the NRA. I want to hear from actual people associated with them or who have been members in the past to give me some insight. Is it worth it? Why or why not?

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You get to be one of the good guys. Somebody who backs up their claims with action. Instead of part of the wannabes, whiners and hecklers in the peanut gallery.

TX OMFS

TGT Addict
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 3, 2014
    San Antonio
    I'm sure the point has been made but is the $30 or $40 is costs per year going to kill you?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Jakashh

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land
    I have a great deal of difficulty believing the NRA calls people over and over...I think some just hate the NRA for their own personal reasons so they slander the NRA.

They repeatedly harass me over the phone and most recently called me from a private number at around 8:00 PM asking for money.

I hung up on them. Believe what you may, but I know my reality.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

twain55

Texan
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    San Antonio
    If I were you I'd take advantage of that handshake offer lol. I'd probably stalk him and make sure he's shaken my hand at least 50 times and knows me on a first name basis before either of us croaks

The primary benefit to me is that there are others with more time on their hands representing me and fighting to protect our 2nd Amendment rights against the never ending attack against them.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    You get to be one of the good guys. Somebody who backs up their claims with action. Instead of part of the wannabes, whiners and hecklers in the peanut gallery.
    aydAWRa.jpg

Top Bottom