Texas SOT

What are the benefits of being an NRA member?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Coiled

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 25, 2016
    SETX
    I can't remember how many years I've been a NRA or even a Life Member. A few years ago I went Endowment because of a special offer and never got around to putting the sticker on my ride. I now await my Patron stickers due to the offer shown in the attached picture. I know minus the cost of a couple stickers, that's $600 the NRA has used defending our 2A rights and I'm glad to be supportive in my minuscule way. As others have stated previously, no organization is flawless but I support the NRA.

I added the arrow.

It pays to be a NRA member 2017 COPY.jpg

Coiled

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 25, 2016
    SETX
    Post 101 pic is from the March 2017 American Rifleman magazine. I couldn't find a single link on the web describing the same offers.

Coiled

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 25, 2016
    SETX
    It should be $300. The $600 I mentioned was the two steps from Life to Endowment and then Patron. I suppose I wasn't very clear.

If you are a member and haven't already, you can create an account here https://www.nramemberservices.org/ and I'll bet an offer will pop up.

Last edited:

lmao

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2017
    that's a helluva deal, cause it was $350 in 1979, and the $'s worth only 1/4 what it was back then

gshayd

Ugliest house on the block.
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2018
    Beaumont, Texas
    You get lots and lots of phone calls. NRA credit cards, NRA wine, NRA insurance, NRA toilet paper, NRA NRA. Son's of bitches just cannot leave you alone even after you politely opt out of their non-stop infomercial shit.
    I get lots of email and crap from other pro-gun organizations I joined as well these days, not just the NRA once I signed up to be a member of that organization.

GMK

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 27, 2018
    Corpus Christi
    Am an N.R.A. member, but with all of the anti-2A legislation proposed and passed at the state level, I do not see them organizing and or fighting for our rights. I feel they have been too silent and not standing up for the members, going against legislation, law suites and the like. Am I wrong in my thinking?

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    The NRA has grown fat and complacent (I am a Life Endowment Member). A number of Admin Staff have been too busy worrying about their pensions. It is time for another revolution within the ranks...... Time for members to boot ole Wayne and his cronies......if we can.....they have insulated themselves for far too long....we need Board Members with balls enough to go against the establishment..........

V-Tach

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    The March Knox Update in Firearms News (formerly Shotgun News) details the membership unhappiness with the current Administrative staff at the NRA. Good read...

Just know we are not alone in our disgust.........

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    The NRA has grown fat and complacent (I am a Life Endowment Member). A number of Admin Staff have been too busy worrying about their pensions. It is time for another revolution within the ranks...... Time for members to boot ole Wayne and his cronies......if we can.....they have insulated themselves for far too long....we need Board Members with balls enough to go against the establishment..........
    We can start by doing this;
    CC1DBEBC-61CC-4108-817A-21571AB17864.jpeg

Attachments

• CC1DBEBC-61CC-4108-817A-21571AB17864.jpeg
      CC1DBEBC-61CC-4108-817A-21571AB17864.jpeg
      429.8 KB · Views: 709

V-Tach

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    Two more votes for Mr. Kraut.................

20190307_134615_b019ac6bb167c27ec622a1dd89f651828b8d4c44.jpg

Attachments

• 20190307_134615_b019ac6bb167c27ec622a1dd89f651828b8d4c44.jpg
      20190307_134615_b019ac6bb167c27ec622a1dd89f651828b8d4c44.jpg
      94 KB · Views: 336

Chirpy

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 2, 2013
    Hutto, TX (kinda)
    Apart from crap quality gifts and offers I never get around to using, they harass me by calling me every day and running a 2 minute long pitch before I can even say anything.

The other day they called and offered me a 2 year membership renewal for $50. I told him I was in between jobs and couldn't afford to pay $50, and would renew online when I could.

He countered by offering me a $500 life membership.

**** off dude.
    This.

Many years ago I did the math and figured I would do a life membership, if I lived until NOW, I would have saved money. I think that just puts a calling target on your back.

RoadRunner

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 30, 2018
    Here
    Am an N.R.A. member, but with all of the anti-2A legislation proposed and passed at the state level, I do not see them organizing and or fighting for our rights. I feel they have been too silent and not standing up for the members, going against legislation, law suites and the like. Am I wrong in my thinking?

No, you are not wrong in your thinking.

You may want to become a member of one or more of the organizations that are actually fighting for us.

avvidclif

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 30, 2017
    Van Zandt County
    BUT realize what politicians pay attention to, the number of voters an organization has. They don't pay attention to lawsuits unless they're named. I'm not real happy with their seemingly lack of action but you don't know what is happening in the background. Just remember politicians don't care how many lawsuits you have filed, just how many votes you have.

My 2 cents worth.

V-Tach

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    I won't tell anyone not to join the NRA......I just tell them join someone...I don't care with who.......As far as NRA, we are changing it it as quick as we can...be part of it or not......but don't bad mouth another org. just because you personally have a problem with it........but no other group has the membership or the clout.......help change it if you don't like it's current state.......we are....

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    I blocked 'em with my little "unwanted caller blocker".
    Last time they called me I used the opportunity to let them know I would not be sending them another cent while Marion Hammer, LaPierre, and any of their cronies were still part of the organization. They haven't called back since...

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX

Well....you're somewhat confused on roles. NRA focuses on national issues, while state groups focus on state issues (primarily). The NRA provides a LOT of insight and input on how to counter legislation, etc. - but the primary fight is on the state groups. For Texas, that's the Texas State Rifle Association. We maintain a lobbyist in Austin to help monitor and update us on what's going on, as well as rallying "friendly" legislators to help head off unfavorable bills, or support good ones. It's an ongoing fight - but never more so than this year.

I'm NRA Benefactor, and TSRA Defender. Neither group is perfect, but I can assure you that as a member of the TSRA board, they try with everything they have to get things right. I encourage EVERY Texan to join TSRA.

Top Bottom