• seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....
    >
    Sometimes “I resemble that remark”.

If I’m heard mumbling “Flip up, Flip UP” to myself, that’s the reason.

For our younger pistoleros; the Walther PPK series has a “backwards safety”, and must be thumbed-up to fire.

leVeux

Walther, Beretta, Ruger, S&W.....it's more of an "off switch" than a safety. And, for many reasons, I'm starting to prefer them. I wish that S&W, instead of introducing the CSX, had just modified the CS9 to take Shield Plus mags.....
    Capitol Armory ad

Arkady Kobach

Expert in all things MAC.
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    >

For our younger pistoleros; the Walther PPK series has a “backwards safety”, and must be thumbed-up to fire.

leVeux
    I normally leave the safety off as the hammer is blocked anyway.

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    >

leVeux
    Backwards from a 1911. Many slide mounted safeties flip up to fire, especially those that also decock.

One reason for the whole slide mounted versus frame mounted safety debate and whi I carry neither 1911s nor S&W steel autos, or any handgun with a safety. It will get you killed.

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    Backwards from a 1911. Many slide mounted safeties flip up to fire, especially those that also decock.

One reason for the whole slide mounted versus frame mounted safety debate and whi I carry neither 1911s nor S&W steel autos, or any handgun with a safety. It will get you killed.

Which is why my vanilla 92FS is going to get the G-type conversion, and one more reason the 92X is going to be my work gun.

Frame mounted safeties - actual safeties - I don't mind at all. They give my thumb a perfect place to rest that is not touching the slide stop. 1911's, M&P, the frame safety versions of the Beretta, or ze H und K peestols have good useable safeties that aren't likely to be inadvertantly activated under stress.

Slide mounted safety-dockers on the other hand, if you reload and use the over-the-top technique to rack the slide on a reload - its easy to activate the "off switch" as @seeker_two so aptly put it. That shit there is scary because you expect bang and get *nothing* - not even a hammer drop.

seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....

Yep.....plenty of guys have taken a cop's Beretta or S&W pistols, couldn't figure out the safety, and got ventilated by the other cops nearby.....

....The people who train and practice with them....not so much.

TxBigfoot

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2011
    Red Oak
    I've been carrying the Polymer80 on the left. My Ruger LC9 magazine catch is having problems keeping the magazine in.
    The polymer80 took its 2nd critter a couple nights ago. I dont bother snakes but this is the 1st venomous one I've seen so I let the air out of him.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221128_145433_Photos.jpg
      Screenshot_20221128_145433_Photos.jpg
      91.5 KB · Views: 51

paknheat

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2022
    Texas, Somewhere near Palestine
    I've been carrying the Polymer80 on the left. My Ruger LC9 magazine catch is having problems keeping the magazine in.
    The polymer80 took its 2nd critter a couple nights ago. I dont bother snakes but this is the 1st venomous one I've seen so I let the air out of him.

What breed of snake was it? Rattler?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Top Bottom