• What are you prepping for?

• Total voters

Flewda

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 5, 2012
    Ohio (But my heart is in Texas)
    IMO everyone should be prepping within reason. One person told me she didn't get into prepping (and more than prepping, just self-sufficient living) until she talked to her grandmother about the depression. She said that her mom and dad would put a little bit away every month for a rainy day. They did this for years. Then the depression hit, and she said it was 2 or more years before they even started to feel the impacts of it. They had loads of extra canned food. They had a lot of extra resources (metals, fabrics, etc) that could be repurposed. Then, of course, had chickens and gardens and stuff as well.

Frankly, it's just smart to do this IMO. We live in a society where 75% of the people wouldn't have a clue how to provide for themselves if they weren't able to get their food from a grocer. Whether we have civil unrest (which is what I think is most likely) or WW3 or a famine or a market crash, or even just losing your employment, prepping and self-sufficient living is a smart plan. We're fixing to move to Indiana soon, and when we do, we're buying a house. A little bit of land is 100% necessary for me so that we can get a garden going and raise some chickens.
    Lynx Defense

twain55

Texan
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    San Antonio
    My primary “prep” considerations are for weather related incidences.

I live in the city now and I’m prepared to live “comfortable” at home with my family for at least 2 weeks.

I don’t have to run to HEB “to get a couple things” at the last minute.

My preparation also includes plans to protect my family and supplies from individuals or groups that did not prepare for emergencies.

In addition, I have made plans with trusted neighbors to share resources and protection. We have devised an evacuation plan and rendezvous location if the need arises.

However unlikely, my plans do not entirely leave out the possibility of civil unrest, chemical/biological threats or an EMT incident.

skfullgun

Dances With Snakes
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 14, 2017
    In the woods...
    I'm prepping for any situation where people fail to respect the sanctity of my home and hearth. What the cause, reason, or who is doing it is immaterial. Don't F with my home.

I have also dealt with Hurricanes and tornadoes and know what to expect. Those needs are covered as well.

Flash
    This pretty much sums it up for me as well.

Top Bottom