0   0   0
    Jul 19, 2013
    Terlingua
    Adobe? Solar oven?
    Good skill to have.
    I don't

I think we should show up while he's doing this

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Ha ha you're all welcome to come help :) I designed a machine that will make compressed earth blocks, you use local soils and add about 5% Portland cement to the mix, then the bricks are pressed using hydraulics. Fairly common in a lot of 3rd world countries but building codes in here in the states pretty much keeps it out of use. No building codes here so I can use what I want. The bricks will be 4" X 6" X 12", dry stacked into 12" thick walls that will be stuccoed on the outside plastered on the inside, so in the end it will look a lot like an adobe home but with earth bricks that are very uniform in size and fast to make. As long as I can keep the raw materials coming I should be able to produce 4-6 bricks a minute. Besides the cost of the Portland cement, stucco, plaster, and roofing materials the rest of the structure will pretty much be free.

The best part is when I'm done digging out the materials I should have several nice sized dirt tanks that hopefully will help attract game to the area once they are holding water.

Here's an example of a machine similar to mine Step by Step - Thai Interlocking Brick - YouTube

and here is a bullet proof wall test on a compressed earth block wall The Compressed Earth Block Bullet Proof Test - YouTube
    ARJ Defense ad

Last edited:

sonuvaTXgun

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Borger, TX
    My goal is to start making bricks to build my house, really. I've estimated that it will take about 35,000 and it will take me 6 months to do... Got to get started I'm already a year behind and the wife keeps bringing it up and up and up... The 30' RV just keeps getting smaller and smaller the longer we live in it..

Gives literal meaning to DIY. Good on you. I hope you get it finished quickly and won't be too distracted by us :p

-TXG-

Top Bottom