• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mackearneybt

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2013
    We are in the process of developing a digital target. The idea of the target is to be a reliable, reusable and very accurate way of seeing where you hit immediately after firing. This new technology will eliminate the hassle of putting down your firearm and using a spotting scope to see your hit. Also it will make it much easier to see the long range shots.

Please fill out the survey below to help gather some data and get the ball rolling in our new design. Thank you for your time.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1X36VU8h5BQlg9JSw9WW9X8UxIhXxrrsY94m7koQc3to/viewform
    Military Camp

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    We are in the process of developing a digital target. The idea of the target is to be a reliable, reusable and very accurate way of seeing where you hit immediately after firing. This new technology will eliminate the hassle of putting down your firearm and using a spotting scope to see your hit.
    My first reaction is "Reinvent the wheel much?" My second response is "What's your new technology?" My third question is why in the bloody hell your survey assumes that handgun shooters are limited to less than 100 yards? There are plenty of 500M pistol shooters who would take offense at that assumption, me among them.

I've shot on and been a spectator at ranges with electronically scored targets for over 20 years. Before anyone here wastes their time taking your survey (which is woefully inadequate to the task, I might add, if it's intended to provide any design guidance), it would be nice to know what you want to do that any of the current players don't. AFAIK, Kongsberg, Sius, and Etsys already have the field pretty well covered.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Ben, did you not have a 4th reaction....spam? LOL
    I didn't notice the post count. Yes, I actually fell for a spam.

jiFfM_zpsefcf3d58.jpg

Top Bottom